Business Development & Strategy Lead
Toronto, ON /
Business Development & Strategy – Business Development & Strategy /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Work with the CEO and executive team, helping build long-term strategy for Waabi’s business objectives.
- Drive the end-to-end strategic growth and execution of the partner ecosystem programs - research, conduct analysis of opportunities while supporting and developing materials.
- Build internal and external partnerships for self-driving initiatives.
- Build and manage partnership pipelines, pricing strategies/financial models, performance and tracking as it pertains to deals, negotiations, and partner engagement.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships to bootstrap partner ecosystems as it pertains to OEM’s, trucking, software and data providers.
- MS/MBA or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience in business development in technical industries related to Autonomous Vehicles, Trucking, Automotive and/or similar technical fields.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills by setting the right level of context to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate, build trust and develop meaningful relationships.
- Experience with financial models, negotiations, and creating strategic partnerships.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to break-down complex deals and use strategic insight to make business recommendations.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, building partnerships, and driving results.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- World-class facility that includes a gym, games room (ping pong table, video game consoles, board games,etc), multiple collaborative working spaces and a gorgeous patio!(when in office)
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.