San Francisco, CA /
Operations – Operations /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Set a clear vision and build the long-term strategy and logistics of Vehicle Operations.
- Lead operational best practices, including the development, implementation and automation of logistical infrastructure and tools to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Build and manage the day to day activities of an operations team responsible to scale the operation and maintenance of our fleet of self-driving vehicles.
- Build and manage the day to day activities of our safety drivers, while maintaining Environmental, Health and Safety standards and protocols.
- Build and execute scalable and efficient operational plans, driving process improvements, standardizations and deployments.
- Lead vehicle compliance regulations and procedures.
- Use data analysis to track operations and measure performance and quality.
- Effectively engage, influence and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of Engineers, Researcher Scientists, Product and Business Partners.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with vendor partners and suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience in areas of Strategic Operations Management, Product/Program Management in technical industries related to Autonomous Vehicles, Trucking, Automotive and/or similar technical fields.
- Strong project management and operations skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data analysis.
- Experience in vehicle compliance regulations and procedures.
- Experience in driving safety programs.
- Understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety standards and protocols.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Premium choices for Health and Wellness benefits that include Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is a technology start-up building technologies to transform the way the world moves. Join our talented team to be a part of the future and to make an impact!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible workplace for all our employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.