United States /
Engineering – Hardware /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
Locations: San Francisco, CA & Pittsburgh, PA
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Develop a compute strategy to support Waabi’s advanced AI-first algorithms on road
- Define use cases and requirements for compute. This includes cameras, lidar, radar, and weather sensors.
- Work through the design, build, and validation of the compute architecture for self-driving vehicles.
- Design systems that meet reliability and safety requirements.
- Work with the Systems Engineering team to develop a compute strategy to support fail-safe road manoeuvres.
- Develop validation systems for on-road and off-road use.
- Work with 3rd party vendors as needed.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, a related engineering discipline, or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in robotics or a related field.
- Understanding of fail-safe and fail-operational concepts.
- Experience architecting platforms for high compute and memory requirements.
- Deep understanding of compute tradeoffs (thermal, mechanical, power, performance etc)
- Experience optimizing network architectures and reducing system latency.
- Experience with ISO26262 or related safety standards.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.