Senior Software Engineer, Motion Planning & Controls
Toronto, ON /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Contribute to the autonomy stack for self-driving initiatives by designing and building motion planning & controls software and algorithms, building the brain which orchestrates decision making in dynamic, uncertain and interactive traffic scenarios.
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Apply motion planning to handle complex scenarios e.g., merging into a highway and yielding to traffic participants.
- Participate and share ideas in technical and architecture discussions, collaborating with researchers and engineers to build a reliable autonomy stack for self-driving vehicles.
- MS/PhD or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience in Computer Science, Robotics and/or similar technical field(s) of study.
- Experience in planning/decision making approaches (e.g., optimal control, optimization based approaches, search methods, probabilistic decision making).
- Solid coding proficiency in Python or C++.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and test new algorithms.
- Solid problem solving skills using linear algebra, geometry, statistics & probability.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Excellent C++ production quality skills in a Linux or other Unix environment.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- World-class facility that includes a gym, games room (ping pong table, video game consoles, board games,etc), multiple collaborative working spaces and a gorgeous patio!(when in office)
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.