San Francisco, CA & Pittsburgh, PA /
Engineering – Hardware /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
Locations: San Francisco, CA & Pittsburgh, PA
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Develop printed circuit board assemblies (PCAs), including concept, schematic capture, simulation, board layout and fabrication.
- Design and support electrical systems for Waabi’s Self-driving Vehicle.
- Develop and maintain the vehicle system architecture.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships.
- Create and execute test and bring-up plans.
- Design and execute validation testing plans for boards and systems.
- Design for automotive scale, reliability and manufacturability.
- Minimum 2 years of design experience in electrical systems.
- Undergrad or Masters in Electrical Engineering or related technical fields.
- Familiarity with Altium Designer or similar EDA tools in PCB / electronic design software.
- Solid understanding of requirements traceability, configuration management, and production release.
- Experience with designing for safety-critical or automotive environments.
- Experience with functional safety (ISO26262) is a plus!
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.