Systems Engineer - Autonomy
San Francisco, CA & Pittsburgh, PA /
SE&T and Safety – Systems & Safety /
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Specify and define vehicle behavior, leveraging Waabi’s advanced self-driving technology.
- Define system level requirements for autonomous vehicle capabilities, monitor system performance with applicable performance metrics, and drive improvements across teams.
- Drive high-level software architecture, design tradeoff studies, and decisions.
- Work with the simulation team to define tests, represent test tooling needs, and improve scenario realism.
- Develop and refine workflows that streamline capability development, testing, and vehicle lifecycle.
- Help drive Waabi’s safety culture through application of safety standards and methodology.
- Undergrad / Masters within an engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of automotive, robotics, aerospace or related industry experience.
- Experience with systems engineering, system test, automation and/or root-cause analysis in complex safety critical fields.
- Familiarity with requirements management and related tools.
- Familiarity with standards such as ISO21448 or UL 4600.
- Strong fundamentals in mathematics, engineering and physics.
- Excellent data analysis skills with modern tools such as Python or Matlab.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.