Software Engineer, Development Tools
Toronto, CAN, San Francisco, CA & Remote - US & Canada /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
Locations: San Francisco - CA, Toronto - ON, & Remote (US & CAN)
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Researchers using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Build and maintain tools and workflows to empower software developers across the company to work and collaborate efficiently.
- Build reliable and scalable tools and frameworks to support Autonomous Vehicle (AV) development.
- Build simulation, orchestration and control software for Autonomous Vehicles.
- Participate and share ideas in technical and architecture discussions, collaborating with Researchers and Engineers.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related engineering disciplines.
- Professional experience in teams doing production-quality software development in a medium or large codebase.
- Experience using at least one compiled and one interpreted programming language and aptitude to debug toolchain and dependency issues for both.
- Proficiency with software development tools including build system, version control, continuous integration, containers, packaging, profiling, debugging, code review, linting, test automation, and test coverage tools.
- Experience promoting best practices for effective software testing and empowering developers to do their best work.
- Experience doing system-level debugging on native Linux and Docker systems.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Empathy for the people who will use the tools you create and maintain.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Experience with Docker, Terraform, Bazel, Rust, Python, Go, Cuda, C++, Github Actions, Ansible, or similar tools and languages.
- Experience working with container and cloud infrastructure and managing infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience working with robotics or machine learning research teams.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience working with internal cross-functional partners/stakeholders when building software frameworks.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.