Senior Software Engineer, Mapping
Toronto, ON /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Build the self-driving engineering foundations of our long-term mapping infrastructure.
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Identify requirements, schedule and deploy projects for the next generation technologies for self-driving initiatives.
- Build and automate global-scale maps.
- Utilize Human-in-the-loop ML methods to automate map building; custom labeling, data annotation tools.
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning and computer vision techniques to extract information from raw data.
- Develop, maintain and improve map change detection and map updates.
- Engineer real-time scalable, highly-available map serving for a fleet of self-driving vehicles.
- Integrate with simulation autonomy software.
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience in Computer Science, Machine Learning and/or similar technical field(s) of study.
- Solid coding proficiency in Python and C++.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS/Azure/Google Cloud).
Bonus/nice to have:
- Interest working in a Machine Learning environment (e.g., PyTorch, PyTorch3D, scikit-learn).
- Solid problem solving skills using linear algebra, geometry, statistics & probability.
- Interest and experience with geospatial systems (QGIS, ArcGIS) and 3D geometry.
- Experience working on infrastructure cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP).
- Experience with large-scale data processing systems (e.g., Apache Spark, Airflow).
- Experience with Deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- World-class facility that includes a gym, games room (ping pong table, video game consoles, board games,etc), multiple collaborative working spaces and a gorgeous patio!(when in office)
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.