Embedded Controls Engineer
United States /
Engineering – Hardware /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way. To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
Locations: San Francisco, CA & Pittsburgh, PA
- Be part of a team of multidisciplinary Engineers and Research Scientists using an AI-first approach to enable safe self-driving at scale.
- Implement low-level software for truck control functions such as engine control and steering.
- Develop software according to industry-best practices for safe, reliable and robust code.
- Bring-up of new hardware devices in lab and vehicle environments.
- Integrate state-of-the-art sensor and control technologies.
- Collaborate with hardware team on design, build and validation of highly reliable systems.
- Collaborate with autonomy engineers on implementing low-level functions from high-level systems.
- Minimum of 2+ years of automotive, aerospace or related industry experience.
- Undergrad or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering and/or related technical fields.
- Strong technical experience with C, C++, Rust or equivalent.
- Experience working with embedded systems or resource constrained environments.
- Experience with real-time operating systems.
- Experience with automotive interfaces (CAN, Automotive ethernet), low-level interfaces (SPI, UART), and high-speed mixed signal interfaces (PCIe) a plus.
- Understanding of time synchronization and network fundamentals is a plus.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with the willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
- Competitive compensation and equity awards.
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage (for full-time employees only).
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support.
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office).
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, age, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, caregiver status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.