Senior Software Engineer, Simulation
Toronto, ON /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Waabi, founded by AI pioneer and visionary Raquel Urtasun, is an AI company building the next generation of self-driving technology. With a world class team and an innovative approach that unleashes the power of AI to “drive” safely in the real world, Waabi is bringing the promise of self-driving closer to commercialization than ever before. Waabi is backed by best-in-class investors across the technology, logistics and the Canadian innovation ecosystem.
With offices in Toronto and San Francisco, Waabi is growing quickly and looking for diverse, innovative and collaborative candidates who want to impact the world in a positive way.
To learn more visit: www.waabi.ai
- Build reliable and scalable simulation tools and frameworks to support Autonomous Vehicle (AV) development.
- Develop tools to massively scale scenario generation.
- Build orchestration and control software.
- Participate and share ideas in technical and architecture discussions, collaborating with researchers and engineers.
- Advocate and set patterns for software development.
- MS/PhD or Bachelors degree with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience in Computer Science, Robotics and/or similar technical field(s) of study.
- Experience with a variety of backend technologies and languages. Examples: Python, Go, C++, Rust.
- Understanding of test-driven and API-driven development methodologies.
- Experience designing interfaces between systems.
- Experience with system design/architecture, algorithms, data structure design, and low level threading.
- Experience working with internal cross-functional partners/stakeholders when building software frameworks.
- Experience with software performance, optimization, and profiling.
- Experience with concurrency and determinism.
- Open-minded and collaborative team player with willingness to help others.
- Passionate about self-driving technologies, solving hard problems, and creating innovative solutions.
Bonus/nice to have:
- Experience working in parallel computing environments and in emulation at scale.
- Experience building software systems from scratch.
- Experience in robotics or machine learning.
- Experience in automated testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Waabi provides a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation and equity awards
- Health and Wellness benefits encompassing Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible hours and Work from Home support
- Daily drinks, snacks and catered meals (when in office)
- Regularly scheduled team building activities and social events both on-site, off-site & virtually.
- World-class facility that includes a gym, games room (ping pong table, video game consoles, board games,etc), multiple collaborative working spaces and a gorgeous patio!(when in office)
- As we grow, this list continues to evolve!
Waabi is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a supportive, inclusive, and accessible environment for all employees. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know.