Atlanta / Palo Alto / Remote
Product & Design
Walker & Company Brands is an e-commerce company that is completely reinventing the way consumers learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black and latino consumers --- two of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
We're inventing a new class of commerce company that will build beloved consumer brands, will win on customer experience, and will win on technology.
We are looking for a thoughtful UI / UX Designer to help create great user experiences over web, mobile and touch to make health and beauty simple for people of color. The ideal candidate is curious, passionate and has an eye for detail.
- Work closely with Creative Director, Product Manager and Engineering team to turn user needs and business goals into compelling experiences
- Think strategically and understand all aspects of product, brand and user
- Execute on designs from conception to final hand-off to engineering
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Work within existing design language and brand guidelines to develop a consistency across mediums
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You must be able to articulate your rationale behind every design decision.
- Two or more years of user experience design for software or web (and a strong portfolio that reflects this)
- Strong visual design skills. Ability to work within established visual frameworks and patterns.
- Strong working knowledge of the latest design tools
- You’re in it for the long-haul and excited by a fast-paced, startup environment and the dynamic environment and flexibility that it requires.
- You've shown and proven to colleagues that “great company culture” shouldn’t be a buzz phrase and that it builds great companies. Show us.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with HTML/CSS/responsive web, j-query or other languages
- Experience in motion design and video editing
- Experience in brand and communication design
- Experience working with quantitative data to inform design decisions
- Qualitative user research experience
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
• It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
• Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
• More benefits! Amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, competitive equity packages, unlimited vacation and personal days as needed.
• We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.