Atlanta / Palo Alto / Remote
Product & Design
Walker & Company Brands is an e-commerce company that is completely reinventing the way consumers learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black and latino consumers --- two of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
We're inventing a new class of commerce company that will build beloved consumer brands, will win on customer experience, and will win on technology.
We are looking for a thoughtful and experienced UI / UX Designer to help create great user experiences over web, mobile and touch. The ideal candidate is curious, passionate and has an eye for detail.
- Work closely with Creative Director, Product Manager and Engineering team to turn user needs and business goals into compelling experiences
- Think strategically and understand all aspects of product, brand and user
- Execute on designs from conception to final hand-off to product and engineering
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Work within existing design language and brand guidelines to develop a consistency across mediums
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You must be able to articulate your rationale behind design decisions
- Two or more years of professional experience in software or web design (and a strong portfolio that reflects this)
- Strong visual design skills. Ability to work within established visual frameworks and patterns
- Strong working knowledge of the latest design tools
- You’re in it for the long-haul and excited by a fast-paced, startup environment and the dynamic environment and flexibility that it requires
- You've shown and proven to colleagues that “great company culture” shouldn’t be a buzz phrase and that it builds great companies. Show us
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with HTML/CSS/responsive web, j-query or other languages
- Experience in motion design and video editing
- Experience in brand and communication design
- Experience working with quantitative data to inform design decisions
- Qualitative user research experience
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
- It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
- Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
- More benefits! Amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, generous vacation and personal days as needed.
- We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.