Director, Digital Experience & Operations
Atlanta / Remote /
Walker & Company Brands is reinventing the way consumers of color learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black, latino and asian consumers --- three of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
Our aim is to build the world's most consumer centric health & beauty products and services company.
We are looking for a Director of Digital Experience and Operations that will be responsible for delivering a seamless brand experience online, driving customer acquisition and retention, and setting and achieving financial goals for online sales. You will lead the strategy and execution of all site development and digital customer experience. In this role, you will have end-to-end responsibility for the growth, health, and continued innovation of Walker and Company's online business.
- Own product lineup, exclusives, and promotional strategy for all ecommerce channels to hit sales targets and ensure overall channel profitability.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Creative and Consumer Experience to ensure ecommerce sales needs are met through the execution of content, education, and campaigns.
- Partner closely with Marketing to ensure ecommerce sales goals are supported by effective media plans. Guide digital marketing spend strategy for direct to consumer (DTC).
- Participate in S&OP meetings to report weekly sales achievement versus forecast; own monthly forecasts and ensure that numbers are aligned to sales targets. Provide plans to mitigate any sales gaps.
- Analyze the business and identify key sales drivers. Analyze product and category performance.
- Evaluate promotional performance against defined KPIs and apply learnings to go-forward strategy.
- Own all ecommerce metrics in brand scorecard; monitor KPIs to measure impact (e.g., conversion rate, funnel performance) using analytic tools and tracking methods (GA, Mode, etc.).
- Digital Experience
- Own on-site consumer journeys from product discovery through purchase (full funnel lifecycle)
- Manage and implement Loyalty Program
- Approve emails to make sure copy and creative are on brand and reflect desired promotional strategy
- Digital Operations (Product Management)
- Own UX/UI and digital product roadmap (mobile and desktop), user research, mocks, prototyping, and user session assessments; refine existing features
- Conduct final user testing and QA processes on all new pages, e-mails, offers and new products to ensure accuracy and high-quality consumer experience, and notify cross functional team of ecommerce changes
- Oversee site operations and taxonomy, site merchandising, campaign execution, and process optimization
- Manage internal and external design teams
- Manage shopping feeds and diagnostics for Google Merchant Center and Amazon Web Services
- 5+ years of experience in ecommerce, e-commerce or digital marketing performing business planning, strategy, operations or managing digital / ecommerce teams
- Experience in the DTC ecommerce space
- Experience with ecommerce businesses and the high-level processes and technologies involved including e-commerce platforms, digital content management, product management tools, a/b testing tools, and web/app traffic analytics tools
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use data to break down complex problems and formulate plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with leadership, peers, staff, and vendors
- Superior problem-solving skills, project management, multitasking, focus on detail and comfortable taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision and being a leader of cross-functional teams
- Comfortable preparing and delivering presentations to groups of varying size
Nice to Haves:
- Beauty industry experience
- In-depth knowledge of evolving e-com strategies and trends, and how to apply it to CPG brands
- Previous Omni-channel retail experience
- Start-up experience or similar experience in a fast-paced environment
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
-It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
-Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
-More benefits...amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), remote work options, generous paid time off plan.
-We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.