Customer Care Specialist (Processing, Part-Time)
Walker & Company Brands is an e-commerce company that is completely reinventing the way consumers learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black and latino consumers --- two of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
We're inventing a new class of commerce company that will build beloved consumer brands, will win on customer experience, and will win on technology.
The Customer Care team is our direct line of communication with our customers, and is responsible for making sure that every single customer has a positive interaction with Walker & Company. In addition to sorting, picking and processing customer shipments, returns and exchanges in our downtown Palo Alto office, you will be responsible for performing inventory inspections and tracking service issues across each of our product lines.
We expect you to hit the ground running- get your work accomplished, then take it to the next level by telling us where you think we can improve! Above all, we expect you to be extremely empathetic and to take a genuine interest in helping us solve problems, all the while maintaining a positive attitude. We treat our customers the way we want to be treated.
Goals - We expect a Customer Care Processing Specialist to:
- Process customer returns and warranty claims with speed, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Perform product inspections and testing as needed on existing inventory and returned merchandise.
- Troubleshoot and log tracked issues across each of our product lines.
- Prepare outbound shipments.
- Track inventory and make replenishment requests as needed to avoid service delays.
- Help us maintain a clean, organized office.
- Master the internet and software tools our team uses to streamline work tasks.
- Continually strive for improvements to our policies, tools, work flow, prioritization.
- Meet or exceed agreed upon customer satisfaction goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- You’re able to prioritize quickly while dealing with a high volume of work.
- You flourish in an environment where you’re responsible for your own success. You push yourself to constantly look for the next task to accomplish without the need to be micromanaged.
- You’re excited by a fast paced, startup environment and the flexibility that it requires.
- You have shown and proven to colleagues that “great company culture” shouldn’t be a buzz phrase and that it builds great companies. Show us.
- You are able to work independently and understand how crucial your role will be as part of a small team.
- Can regularly lift and/or move objects 10-20 lbs.
We are looking for the most talented individuals across customer success, marketing, engineering, product and design functions to join our family and accelerate our growth while helping us build a great company.
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
• It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
• Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
• We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.
This role is for direct candidates only, absolutely no agencies or third parties.