VP, Consumer Marketing
Walker & Company Brands is reinventing the way consumers of color learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black, latino and asian consumers --- three of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
Our aim is to build the world's most consumer centric health & beauty products and services company.
As a critical member of the Walker & Company Leadership Team, the Director of Consumer Marketing will be the strategic marketing lead for all marketing & PR strategies and execution. The Director, Consumer Marketing will be responsible for developing and leading an omni-channel marketing approach to engage in a dynamic 360-degree consumer experience employing disciplines including product marketing, social media (organic/paid), PR, Performance digital marketing, CRM (email/mobile), and retail experience. This person will bring together and implement creative, cohesive and interactive marketing campaigns, and understand the consumer and their journey with our brands, Bevel and Form.
· Define the strategic marketing objectives of the brand, consistent with the brand’s short-term and long-term goals
· Drive and develop innovative marketing campaigns across brand, retail and products
· Plan all initiatives to propel brand awareness, engage consumers, and drive sales from both new and existing consumers.
· Lead and inspire the marketing team, lead brief process for all programs, while collaborating closely with the sales and creative teams
· Develop and manage marketing budget
· Lead cross-functional project kick off meetings with team leads to communicate program objectives and requirements
- Leads the strategic development of global/regional marketing product and support calendars, including an 18-month detailed plan and a 3 year overview.
- Develops and presents the marketing programs that include strategic objectives, COG analysis, pricing and forecasting, merchandising and creative campaign execution.
- Spearhead category reviews. Presents and uses data to make informed recommendations and assists in the development of 3-year business plan.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with cross-functional teams to gather new, actionable ideas.
- Plan and execute yearly market research studies. Leverage strong understanding of results and implement action plans to support key findings.
- Lead annual pricing processes with Finance.
- Screen ideas, prepares and presents upfront planning process documents, including concept and program briefs, cost objectives, launch assumptions and comparisons, to gain final approval on new product and project recommendations.
- Make recommendations to the existing line based on reformulation, repackaging or value analysis needs.
- Oversee competitive pricing analysis.
- Work with Finance to insure all programs are supported in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Prepare approval on launch details, including but not limited to forecast recommendations, cost objectives, packaging & copy briefs, and creative briefs.
- Development and oversight of all social media strategies with respect to owned platforms and community management
- Responsible for the coordination, management and optimization of media planning & monetizing organic social media content in order to drive social media engagement and return on investment.
- Develop influencer strategy, negotiate influencer arrangements and nurture organic relationships
- Manage PR agency and all related PR activities, including external partnerships and events
- Develop Special Event marketing plans (e.g., themes/concepts, in-store merchandising, execution timelines)
Customer Relationship Management
- Oversee the development and implementation of CRM strategies to maximize customer loyalty, engagement and revenue. Use data-driven consumer insights to help build a deeper relationship with the consumer.
- Formulate actionable and measurable recommendations to increase retention, lower 1X customer rate, and increase customer spend based on customer engagement lifecycle and brand pillars; optimize ROI.
- Guide multi-channel email/SMS strategy & execution, segmentation and testing.
- Lead optimization of performance marketing channel across SEO/ SEM, Affiliate, Paid social and Display media tactics
- Monitor and regularly issue KPI Reporting. Complete analysis/consolidation of campaigns using control techniques and reporting tools to measure success / ROI. Succinctly and clearly summarize and communicate results and learnings quarterly to optimize future campaigns
- Lead customer research/surveys to obtain key data to aid in decision making
- Use data to evaluate performance; provide insightful recommendations, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the company’s sales and competitive positioning.
- BA/BS Required, MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of brand marketing experience, overseeing concept to launch marketing strategies; ideally in beauty, consumer packaged goods, retail or agency
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Marketing Director, or similar director-level role
- Demonstrated experience in defining, articulating, developing and driving a marketing vision to team members, agencies, and retail partners at all levels
- Prior experience in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment, with proven ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, be a go-to-decider and doer
- Demonstrated understanding of the customer focused experience
- Proven track record as a results and metrics-driven leader
- Track record of partnering closely with and effectively communicating with cross-functional teams, particularly Creative and Sales, within a small organization.
- Innovation Management, Comfortable Negotiating, Political Savvy, Strategic Agility
- Excellence in Communication (written, verbal, presentation). A story teller. Experience with press interviews and public speaking.
We are looking for the most talented individuals across marketing, engineering, product and design functions to join our family and accelerate our growth while helping us build a great company.
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
• It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
• Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
• More benefits! Amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, competitive equity packages, unlimited vacation and personal days as needed.
• We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.
We're committed to treating you and your time with respect (we ask you do the same and not apply if you're under qualified at this time). First step is a phone screen to gauge interest and alignment of values, then a short take home assignment and finally an in person interview at our offices or via google hangouts.
This role is for direct candidates only, absolutely no agencies or third parties.