Sales and Education Specialist
At Walker & Company, our mission is to make health and beauty simple for people of color. Our vision is to build the world’s most consumer-centric health and beauty products company, inspiring unprecedented consumer loyalty.
Our BEVEL brand was born with one purpose: to provide superior grooming specifically designed for you. Crafted with a holistic approach, each product in the Bevel five-part system is designed to provide you with a better way to treat your skin.
We have a unique opportunity to bring our products to life in the World’s Largest Store (34th St/Herald Square) through their new pop-up concept, where exciting new brands will be showcased.
We will offer extensive training on our products, a generous product discount, and motivating bonus opportunities.
• Be part of a motivated team who’s excited to enhance the lives of your community
• Competitive wage with incentive bonus
• Discount for BEVEL merchandise
- Drive BEVEL retail sales at 34th Street location and to provide education support through Department Store’s Sales Associate education, relationship building with Store Management and customer engagement and sales.
- Represent BEVEL at Department Store’s Herald Square with regular cadence of weekly visits, supporting with attending Department Store’s Store Rallies, Customer Clienteling and other Special Events.
- Drive retail sales to achieve plan. Set weekly retail sales goals (units and dollars) with Walker & Co. Head of Sales.
- Develop selling skills of Department Store’s Sales Associates through hands on-demonstration, coaching and follow up. Deliver engaging retail sales and service training on product knowledge.
- Reinforce content of education materials with Sales Associates using education and selling tools developed by BEVEL.
- Review retail performance using Department Store’s weekly sales reports and flag opportunities for increased orders to WCO Head of Sales.
- Recognize top Department Store’s Sales Associates and provide positive feedback.
- Maintain brand merchandising guidelines and store cleanliness. Report any issues to store operations team
- Identify inventory issues – out of stocks, slow sellers, possible theft. Report issues to Walker & Co head of Sales.
- Develop strong rapport with Department Store’s store management and communicate with store management.
- Educate Department Store’s customers through product education, demonstration, sampling. Build lasting relationships with customers by contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new products and invite them to upcoming events.
- Complete and submit weekly reports.
- Maintain Walker and Company image and brand standards by adhering to dress code, and merchandising guidelines.
- High School degree or equivalent required
- A minimum of 2-5 years in a sales/customer service position in a service-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales through developing and inspiring teams and providing exceptional customer service
- Passion, energy and love of the grooming and beauty industry
- Ability to travel within designated location as required
- Candidates must enjoy working in a highly competitive, fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to customers, vendors, buyers, peers, and all levels of management
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- This position involves constant moving, talking, listening, reaching, and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30lbs. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays and sales events based on department and store/company needs
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position. Flexible hours ranging from 20-40 hours per week. 6 month duration. Must be able to start by Feb 1st.