Atlanta / Remote /
Human Resources /
Walker & Company Brands, the maker of Bevel, is a fast-growing consumer packaged goods (CPG) company that exists to make health and beauty simple for people of color. We do this by designing, developing, and testing products and services specifically tailored to our community’s needs and delivering on the promise of great customer service and an easy, practical shopping experience.
Our aim is to build the world's most consumer centric health & beauty products and services company.
Are you assertive? Always looking for opportunities to jump in and help when your team has their hands full? Super organized? Have people commented on your amazing attention to detail? We're looking for an energetic self-starter that will fill the role of Business Manager at Walker and Company.
There’s never a dull day at Walker and Company, a day in the life of a Business Manager might look like this:
- Manage all office operations to include, vendors, facilities management, landlord relations, ordering and maintaining office equipment, supplies and food, office budget management
- Work closely with the CEO to manage all travel arrangements, manage and maintain calendars, prioritize appointments and meeting requests
- Work closely with Human Resources to support the following: e.g., assist with payroll, new hire onboarding, assist with maintaining the HRIS, serve as culture ambassador and organize team events, meetings and recognition events, assists with managing the HR budget
- Liaison with Finance team for the following matters: e.g., Ensure all new vendor documents are complete, assist with vendor invoicing and month end close
- Drive internal communications for team meetings (ex. All Hands meetings) and other internal communications
- Assists in coordinating, providing input for, monitoring and improving the human resources and business operational activities
- Assists in planning, implementing and evaluating a variety of activities and special projects affecting operations
- Provide additional support to Supply Chain and IT, as needed
- A bachelor's degree in business or related field
- 3+ years of experience in an operational role
- Office management experience
- Experience supporting c-suite executives
- Experience working with and supporting remote teams
- Strong organizational and project management skills
Nice to Have:
- On the job experience with HR tasks including payroll
- Forward and holistic-thinking with a problem-solving mindset
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
-It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
-Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
-More benefits...amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, generous paid time off plan.
-We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.