Director, Sales Account Executive
Walker & Company Brands is reinventing the way consumers of color learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black, latino and asian consumers --- three of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
Our aim is to build the world's most consumer centric health & beauty products and services company.
The Sales Director will help develop and execute the Go-to-Market strategy while working closely with our retail customers. Responsible for sales results across all Walker & Co brands (Bevel and Form) and product categories: soft goods, hard goods (razor and blades), and electronics (trimmer). Mastery in forecasting, quantitative analysis, communication skills, and ability to work across a multifunctional team is important.
- Bachelor degree/Master degree preferred with 5-7 years of sales experience
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Strong speaking and written command with English proficiency
- Evidence of passion, leadership and achievements in academic and/or non-academic activities
- Demonstrated leadership skills, organization focus, and analytical capability
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a multicultural environment
- Deliver value, shipment and share goals by using advance business planning to build Walker and Company’s business with the retail customer
- Develop collaborative retail customer partnerships through delivering excellence in implementing sales fundamentals (distribution, pricing, shelving, and merchandising)
- Manage retail customer data platforms for Walker and Company (Target POL, Walmart Retail link, Amazon Vendor Central) to set up new items, retail promotions, manage forecast, and data analysis.
- Use analytical tools and integrate multiple data systems to develop category insights
- Leverage consumer insights and partner with retail customers to input into the Walker & Company go-to-market strategy
- Develop, implement and evaluate joint business plans with the customer to deliver results
- Sell new item initiatives to meet or exceed introductory shipment/distribution objectives
- Win with our consumers at the point of sale through excellent store execution
- Develop and implement creative merchandising plans to meet or exceed business/retail customer objectives for Walker and Company
- End to end business management of Business to Business channel and Military channel
- Work closely in collaboration with Marketing to activate our brands at events including but not limited to, Roadshows, Festivals, Pop-up shops, and Game Day activations
- Manage forecasts, budgets and seasonal plans by account
- Monitor door productivity to look for growth opportunities or prevent lost business
- Manage third party retail coverage broker relationships
- Evaluate the retailer landscape and provide recommendations for product and distribution expansion opportunities
- Regular market visits to ensure high in-store execution
- Evaluate and negotiate distribution agreements
- Share best practices from competitive landscape
- Collaborate with Marketing and Education to design, align, and execute best-in-class retailer events and in-store merchandising
- Be the strategic interface with Marketing and Education to ensure plans are commercially viable, deliver forecast, and drive category growth
- Ensure strong visual merchandising presence in store and on dotcom
- Frequent travel in the US with retailers, customers and activation events
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
- It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
- Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
- More benefits! Amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, generous vacation and personal days as needed.
- We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.