Product & Design
Walker & Company Brands is reinventing the way consumers of color learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black, latino and asian consumers --- three of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
Our aim is to build the world's most consumer centric health & beauty products and services company.
As a critical member of the Walker & Company Leadership Team, the Creative Director will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for the development and implementation of Walker & Co. Brands' creative (visual, copywriting, etc.) representation of our brands’ identities across all channels (e.g., direct to consumer, retail, brand sites) and platforms. Own the end-to-end visual design responsibility across the lifecycle of the customer experience—acquisition, conversion, retention. Our Creative Director will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to offer the most beautiful experience for our customers across all brands, including print & digital design, video, logo development, industrial design, web / mobile design, and retail design. Responsible for all internal design resources as well as recruiting and managing third-party design firms.
- Creative development and execution:
- Establish brand style and voice to implement across all consumer touchpoints. Act as creative conduit in cross-functional initiatives.
- Work closely with our Marketing team to develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the company and our brand strategies.
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects.
- Provide strategic creative solutions and develop a holistic consumer journey across multiple platforms for the brand.
- Asset creation for brand ecommerce (UX/UI) sites and social media channels, and all other branded marketing.
- Execute via hands-on design skills and in-depth technical understanding to effectively lead and manage projects
- Direct all creative concepts for collateral and packaging programs. Oversee execution of all 2D/3D development and with external agency where relevant.
- Lead photo and video shoots to ensure accurate visual content and align with approved creative direction.
- Oversee all aspects of creative production from budget to schedule.
- Develop and manage content library including brand book, photos and video.
- Agency and team leadership:
- Oversee the communication with external agencies to drive creative development to ensure on time deliverables. Also oversee the growth of our creative team as budget permits.
- Introduce new talent, vendors and agencies for video and digital projects.
- Ensures consistent brand vocabulary in all materials. Oversee copywriter(s).
- Collaborates closely Marketing, Product Management, Product Development and Operations.
- An authentic passion for the brands we create and ability to articulate that passion to internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of 8 years experience designing for in-house marketing team, start up or agency, including user experience design for web, brand/communication design and copywriting
- Strong visual design skills (must be hands-on and able to design/edit assets)
- Strong working knowledge of the latest design tools
- Ability to work within established visual frameworks
- Prior experience in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment, with proven ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, be a go-to-decider and doer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to articulate rationale behind every design decision
We have the support and financial backing of top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms and angel investors and our team has great experience building and growing many beloved consumer technology brands. We are looking for the most talented individuals across marketing, engineering, product and design functions to join our family and accelerate our growth while helping us build a great company.
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
• It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity
• Great exposure to building vertically-integrated E-commerce brands
• Our office is conveniently located in downtown Palo Alto, just a 3 minute walk to and from the Caltrain station. Great coffee shops and restaurants surround the office
• We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that