Senior Art Designer
Product & Design
Walker & Company Brands is completely reinventing the way consumers learn about, purchase and enjoy personal care and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. We are not only building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black and latino consumers -- two of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups -- but also inventing a new class of commerce company that will build beloved consumer brands, will win on customer experience, and will win on technology.
The Senior Art Design will initially report to the Creative Director and support the development and implementation of Walker & Co. Brands' creative (visual, copywriting, etc.) representation of our brands’ identities across all channels (e.g., direct to consumer, retail, brand sites) and platforms. We are looking for a collaborative storyteller who can lead a project from start to finish. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to help design the most beautiful and consumer centric experience for our customers across all brands, including print & digital design, video, logo development, industrial design, web / mobile design, and retail design. You have strong production design skills and have no problem executing within an existing framework. An authentic passion for the brands we create and ability to articulate that passion to internal and external stakeholders is absolutely required
- Aid Creative Director and agency in establishing brand style and voice to implement across all consumer touchpoints. Act as creative conduit in cross-functional initiatives.
- Work closely with our Marketing team and agency to develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the company and our brand strategies.
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects.
- Provide strategic creative solutions and develop a holistic consumer journey across multiple platforms for the brand.
- Asset creation for brand ecommerce (UX/UI) sites and social media channels, and all other branded marketing.
- Execute via *hands-on* design skills and in-depth technical understanding to effectively lead and manage projects
- Support creative concept development for collateral and packaging programs.
- Partner with Creative Director to help direct photo and video shoots to ensure accurate visual content and align with approved creative direction.
- Develop and manage content library including brand book, photos and video.
- Liaise with external agencies to drive creative development to ensure on time deliverables.
- Ensure consistent brand vocabulary in all materials. Oversee copywriter(s).
- 3+ years experience designing for in-house marketing team, start up or agency
- Strong visual design skills
- Ability to work within established visual frameworks
- Strong working knowledge of the latest design tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You must be able to articulate your rationale behind every design decision
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with HTML
- Experience in motion design and video editing
We are looking for the most talented individuals across marketing, engineering, product and design functions to join our family and accelerate our growth while helping us build a great company.
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
• It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
• Great exposure to building vertically-integrated brands.
• More benefits! Amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, competitive equity packages, unlimited vacation and personal days as needed.
• We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.
We're committed to treating you and your time with respect (we ask you do the same and not apply if you're under qualified at this time). First step is a phone screen to gauge interest and alignment of values, then a short take home assignment and finally an in person interview at our offices or via google hangouts.
This role is for direct candidates only, absolutely no agencies or third parties.