Walker & Company Brands is an e-commerce company that is completely reinventing the way consumers learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black, latino and asian consumers --- three of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
We're inventing a new class of commerce company that will build beloved consumer brands, will win on customer experience, and will win on technology.
Our ideal HR Manager is self-directed, detail-oriented, and driven to contribute to Walker & Co.’s reputation, growth and success. You care about our employees and prospective new hires, are attentive to their needs, and are always searching for new ways to make their experience with Walker & Co. the best it can be. You will support the Head of Talent with the day-to-day Human Resources operations and serve as a point of contact to the team for all internal HR related matters.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience of 3-7 years within an administrative/HR/support function (Employee relations, Payroll Systems, Employment Policies) in a similarly fast paced or high volume environment
- Full recruiting lifecycle experience in-house or with a search firm, experience in the startup environment and technical recruiting strongly preferred
- Experience sourcing for candidates (technical and non-technical) through multiple channels such as events, referrals, and networking
- Experience working with an ATS (Lever is a plus)
- Handles confidential information with discretion
- High attention to detail with proven organizational skills is a must
- Track record of delivering extraordinary customer service and hiring results
- Strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability
- Must take initiative and demonstrate excellent judgment when making decisions and solving problems in rapidly changing environment
- Must be tech savvy across iOS and Google apps
- Partner with COO and CEO to resolve employee relation issues; provide coaching and counseling to management and staff
- Build relationships with staff at all levels; ensure that new employees integrate effectively into the organization, including on-boarding new employees and setting clear expectations
- Maintain historical employee records
- Manage annual goal-setting and annual review process
- Maintain knowledge base on market compensation levels by function and level
- Administer equity compensation - general questions, granting and exercising shares
- Collect and process employment related paperwork to ensure that weekly payroll is processed accurately and efficiently
- Responsible for partnering with teams on all activities from recruitment, on-boarding, performance management and compensation, organization support, talent acquisition, learning and development
- Drive the recruiting strategy and full hiring lifecycle from start to finish
- Manage scheduling interviews and communicating logistics with candidates and interview panel
- Network and maintain relationships with key candidate communities for short and/or long term opportunities
- Educate/train hiring managers on how to interview and acquire talent
- Provide follow up feedback to external candidates on results of interview
- Arrange travel and accommodations for candidates and new hires, as well as process candidate expense reports
- Perform reference checks and employment verifications prior to extending the offer to candidates
- Send new hire welcome email, partner with Office Manager and Hiring Manager to ensure a seamless on-boarding and Day One experience for new hires
- Oversee our ATS (currently Lever) - including new user administration, user training, job approvals, system process and flows, and general configuration of the system
- Support the Head of Talent with general HR support functions such as employee data changes and file maintenance, confidentiality, and responding to employee needs in a timely manner
- Maintain employee confidentiality with all employee information/files
- Passionate about what Walker & Co is working towards and derives energy from getting other people excited about what we’re doing
- Flexible: you’ve shown success and adaptability in high-speed and/or high-growth environments
- Rigorously organized, process-oriented, and detail oriented in your approach
- Extremely collaborative and able to gracefully manage many evolving relationships
- A self-directed, detail-oriented, problem solver with a burning desire to contribute to the organization's reputation and success
- Self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails
- Naturally curious, innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
- Charismatic people person who can talk to anyone
- Sound moral character and judgment: decisions come from a fact-based and informed position
We are looking for the most talented individuals across marketing, engineering, product and design functions to join our family and accelerate our growth while helping us build a great company.
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
• It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
• Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
• More benefits! Amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, competitive equity packages, unlimited vacation and personal days as needed.
• We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.
• Remote working option available.
We're committed to treating you and your time with respect (we ask you do the same and not apply if you're under qualified at this time). First step is a phone screen to gauge interest and alignment of values, then a short take home assignment and finally an in person interview at our offices or via google hangouts.
This role is for direct candidates only, absolutely no agencies or third parties.