Community Manager (Freelance)
Atlanta / Remote /
Walker & Company Brands is reinventing the way consumers of color learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black, latino and asian consumers --- three of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
We are seeking a highly creative person who can drive engagement and increase the talkability of our brand in the digital world. As a Community Manager, you will be responsible for the development, execution, and management of organic content across our social channels - Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Snapchat.
Do you have excellent communication skills? Think you will be able to express Walker and Co/Bevel's views creatively? Join us!
- Develop and execute innovative plans and strategies that will increase our brand’s talkability in the digital world
- Work with the Full-Time Community Manager to engage with brand followers and their comments across all social channels - Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Snapchat (Note: This includes both paid and organic social posts across all channels)
- Develop and own end-to-end TikTok organic strategy
- Support our Digital Content Producer in developing organic content for Instagram
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with all company departments to bring social media to life (influencer, paid digital, e-commerce, creative, merchandising, partnerships, customer service, etc.).
- Work with our influencer outreach team to foster a relationship with our influencers
- Showcase the brand's mission and core values via unique and engaging content
- Develop overall social media strategy that aligns with the brand's core values and mission and supports the business from a revenue point of view
- Research platform-specific trends and best practices for brands in similar industries and implement into overall social media strategy
- Support the team’s strategic execution and publishing of all social content including testing of frequency, timing, and content type optimization (visual content, hashtag keywords, use of emojis, etc.) to keep improving social performance.
- Participate in proactive planning for upcoming social media needs surrounding launches, seasonal efforts, or "national days" of celebrations
- Complete monthly reporting per channel inclusive of top-performing posts, impressions, engagement rates, click-through rates, highest-performing days and times, etc. in addition to appropriately tagging and tracking each post to lend insight into our shopper journey
- Manage customer issues/complaints to any product or order related issues that may be communicated through comments or DMs
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as an editor for brand social media, video/ﬁlm and/or multimedia productions.
- A portfolio (or active accounts) showcasing videography and editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest in beauty, fashion, and social media
- Exceptional videography and photography skills
- Proﬁciency in gif creation, graphics, and graphic design
- Proﬁciency with dubbing, mixing, and sound editing
- Creative, reliable, and professional with excellent communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- A ﬂexible mindset and approach to work
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and manage ambiguity with patience and professionalism
- Extreme attention to detail and eagle eye for catching errors (spelling and grammatical errors, incorrect dates, product placement, etc.).
- Must be able to thrive in a team environment with a flexible work schedule and an unquenchable thirst for trying new things.
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
-It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
-Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
-We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.