Product & Design
Walker & Company Brands is an e-commerce company that is completely reinventing the way consumers learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black and latino consumers --- two of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
We're inventing a new class of commerce company that will build beloved consumer brands, will win on customer experience, and will win on technology.
As a Senior Designer, you'll be conceptualizing and designing solutions from start to completion. You will play an essential role in the strategy and execution of products and services across different media, including web, advertising, editorial and print. You are the champion for consistency across all brand and communication touch points. You will translate business needs into compelling customer experiences, requiring strong production design skills to make this happen. You are curious, passionate and have an eye for detail.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years experience designing for in-house marketing team, start up or agency
- 2+ years of user experience design for software or web
- 2+ years of brand and communication design
- Strong visual design skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, in which you articulate your rationale behind every design decision
- Ability to work within established visual frameworks
- Strong working knowledge of the latest design tools including Sketch, Photoshop, and prototype tools
- Keen understanding of how to prioritize and optimize work based on business needs and timelines
- Think strategically and understand all aspects of digital product, brand and user experience
- Actively shape and enforce visual consistency across all communications and platforms
- Turn user needs and business goals into compelling experiences
- Balance creative requirements with the realities of a growing business
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Execute on designs from conception to final hand-off to engineering for digital products
- Iterate on design ideas alongside the product management team
- Work closely with our Brand and Editorial teams to create social media, ad and email campaigns
- Generate creative assets to support our marketing and sales team
Within the first year, we expect the Senior Designer to:
- Take design lead for one of our web properties (getbevel or Brand X)
- Participate in Planning Meetings with Product & Engineering
- Pair with Engineers during the development process as necessary
- Pitch in on marketing & communication requests (develop advertisements, email templates, etc)
- Mentor new design hires
We have the support and financial backing of top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms and angel investors and our team has great experience building and growing many beloved consumer technology brands. We are looking for the most talented individuals across marketing, engineering, product and design functions to join our family and accelerate our growth while helping us build a great company.
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
• It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
• Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
• Our office is conveniently located in downtown Palo Alto, just a 3 minute walk to and from the Caltrain station. Great coffee shops and restaurants surround the office.
• We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.