Customer Care Agent (Part-Time)
Walker & Company Brands is an e-commerce company that is completely reinventing the way consumers learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black and latino consumers --- two of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
We're inventing a new class of commerce company that will build beloved consumer brands, will win on customer experience, and will win on technology.
The Customer Care team is our direct line of communication with our customers, and is responsible for making sure that every single customer has a positive interaction with Walker & Company. You will be responsible for handling all customer inquiries via email, phone calls, Twitter, Facebook, etc.. You’ll be expected to go above and beyond to figure out how to solve a wide variety of issues brought to you by customers. We’re looking for a candidate who feels comfortable prioritizing while dealing with high volume of customer inquiries. We expect you to hit the ground running- get your work accomplished, then take it to the next level by taking an analytical approach and telling us where you think we can improve! Above all, we expect you to be extremely empathetic and to take a genuine interest in helping people solve problems, all the while maintaining a positive attitude. We treat our customers the way we want to be treated.
Goals - Within the first year, we expect a Customer Care Agent to:
- Handle support requests with urgency and efficiency while maintaining a pleasant, empathetic demeanor. Customer service is paramount at Walker & Co.
- Comfortably answer all troubleshooting, preorder questions, cancellations, billing inquiries, etc… There should be no customer request that you can’t handle.
- Schedule and carry out 1:1 video and phone consultations for customers needing help or advice.
- Master the internet and software tools our team uses to streamline and consolidate customer accounts, support tickets, and work tasks.
- Continually strive for improvements to our policies, tools, work flow, prioritization.
- Meet or exceed agreed upon customer satisfaction goals.
- It excites you to interact with customers on a day-to-day basis- you’ll handle with a variety of issues (big, small, happy, upset, etc…) and maintain a professional and friendly demeanor. We believe customer loyalty starts with customer care, and we’re counting on you to give our customers a genuine experience.
- You’re able to prioritize quickly while dealing with a high volume of work.
- You flourish in an environment where you’re responsible for your own success. You push yourself to constantly look for the next task to accomplish without the need to be micromanaged. You’ll be expected to back this up with measured results.
- You’re in it for the long haul and are excited by a fast paced, startup environment and the flexibility that it requires.
- You have shown and proven to colleagues that “great company culture” shouldn’t be a buzz phrase and that it builds great companies. Show us.
- You work well off-script, can think on your toes, and enjoy a position where you are empowered to make our customers happy.You are able to work independently and understand how crucial your role will be as part of a small team.
We are looking for the most talented individuals across customer success, marketing, engineering, product and design functions to join our family and accelerate our growth while helping us build a great company.
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
• It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
• Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
• We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.
• Remote working option available.
We're committed to treating you and your time with respect (we ask you do the same and not apply if you're under qualified at this time). First step is a phone screen to gauge interest and alignment of values and then an in person interview at our offices or via google hangouts.
This role is for direct candidates only, absolutely no agencies or third parties.