Full Stack Software Engineer
Walker & Company Brands is reinventing the way consumers of color learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We're starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black, latino and asian consumers --- three of America's fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
Our aim is to build the world's most consumer centric health & beauty products and services company.
These values should resonate with you:
- COURAGE: Our vision requires the courage and conviction to believe that we will build a great company that changes the world.
- INSPIRATION: Inspiration is in the soul of everything we make and sell. A laser focus and attention to craft, to detail, to colors, to ingredients, to experience. Our success requires it.
- RESPECT: Our community requires and deserves our respect. They're the reason we can be inspired and excited to come to work every single day.
- JUDGMENT: We are our brands. We are responsible for every single action we take, everything we deliver to consumers' homes and every single interaction they have with us.
- WELLNESS: We eat well, we sleep well, we keep fit and we care to help and support each other and our families.
- LOYALTY: We are loyal to a great workplace and team. We are committed to building a great, lasting company for the long term. We're playing to win and will give it the effort and focus it deserves.
- You'll participate in all aspects of the software development process! Planning, programming, testing, deploying and maintenance.
- This is a full stack position so you'll be working on different aspects of our system; backend and frontend.
- We try to write code that's readable and easy to maintain. Come help us!
- You'll work cross functionally with our Product team to make sure we're building functional, delightful, experiences.
- Though you'll be working on all aspects of our platform, you're interested in owning certain pieces. Be a goto!
We're looking for someone who has experience with most of the following:
- Ruby on Rails (REQUIRED)
- Building responsive websites with HTML5, CSS3, and frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Version control using systems like Git
- Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, TDD & BDD principles
- Using cloud technologies such as AWS or GCS
- Relational data models
Nice to have:
- Experience with Spree
- Existing open source contributions (show us!)
- Previous startup or e-commerce experience
- Experience mentoring fellow engineers
We have the support and financial backing of top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms and angel investors and our team has great experience building and growing many beloved consumer technology brands. We are looking for the most talented individuals across marketing, engineering, product and design functions to join our family and accelerate our growth while helping us build a great company.
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
• It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
• Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
• Our office is conveniently located in downtown Palo Alto, across the street from the Palo Alto Caltrain station. Great coffee shops and restaurants surround the office.
• More benefits! Amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, competitive equity packages, unlimited vacation and personal days as needed.
• We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.
• Remote working option available.