Manager, Account Sales
Walker & Company Brands is reinventing the way consumers of color learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black, latino and asian consumers --- three of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
Our aim is to build the world's most consumer centric health & beauty products and services company.
This role will be responsible for delivering against sales goals for all Walker & Company retail accounts. This role will work strategically along-side and report to the Director, Retail Sales & Business Development to deliver the sales targets and new business initiatives with our retailer partners. This individual is also responsible for evaluating/negotiating co-op deals and leading test & learn opportunities as they arise. The role will be the primary point of contact with the buying teams at our retailer partners.
- Sales Performance:
- Achieve fiscal sales goals for the retail channel. Track business to identify sales targets and establish sales plan to meet goals. Implement retailer specific insights to drive sales.
- Manage demand forecasts on a weekly basis to ensure activities to drive volume are aligned to the sales plan.
- Ensure excellent field execution.
- Collaborate on training of field sales staff to ensure in-store best practices are executed and ensure optimal in-store productivity.
- Own retail sales, net sales, promotional line items and determine spend to maximize ROI and sales.
- Prepare and route monthly reporting on retail sales/program successes based on metrics set at the onset of campaigns with internal team.
- Work with retail partners to obtain analytics on retailer programs as well as overall sales performance.
- Account Management:
- Manage open to buy and in-store stock levels with retailer buyers, merchants, and planners.
- Monitor channel and door productivity to look for growth opportunities or prevent lost business.
- Negotiate seasonal stock & sales plans. Submit promotions to retailer for approval.
- Ensure brand marketing activities (in store, co-op, digital/social, etc.) support retailer events, promos and other activities.
- Review door profiles with input from planner; works with planner to determine door level allocations.
- Review door performance weekly to analyze outliers/ensure more profitable & productive doors.
- Evaluate the retailer landscape and provide recommendations for product and distribution expansion opportunities.
- Host weekly/monthly calls with retailers.
- Regular market visits to ensure high in-store execution, grow field capability, and build best in class relationships.
- Retail Marketing:
- Share best practices among brands and pursue synergies were possible. Share best practices from competitive landscape.
- Leverage and drive consumer acquisition such as smart sampling to ensure we are filling the funnel with new consumers.
- Manage sampling budget and forecasts.
- Establish retail marketing calendar (events, sampling, promotions, media spend).
- Develop full calendar of tailored activities for each retailer, leveraging overall brand category and marketing objectives and ensuring coordination and resource allocation between B&M and .com.
- Create and execute all promotional activities and merchandising strategy (holidays, launches and re-promotes).
- Lead and collaborate with Marketing and Education to design, align, and execute best in class retailer events and in-store merchandising.
- Ensure strong visual merchandising presence in store and on dot com.
- Retail Sales Plan by Door
- Weekly Forecasts/Demand Planning
- Returns Management/Control
- Selling Cost Expense Management
- ROI for Retail Co-op Marketing
- Budget Management
- Service Expectations
- Events and Training Strategies
- Retailer Chargeback Management
- Undergraduate degree with 7+ years of relevant account management experience.
- Experience working with large established retailers and dot coms.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented. Strong financial modeling skills.
- Ability to work with large data sets, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Ability to set goals and evaluate performance.
- Experience negotiating with retailers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Travel required.