Director, Supply Chain
Walker & Company Brands is reinventing the way consumers of color learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black, latino and asian consumers --- three of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
Our aim is to build the world's most consumer centric health & beauty products and services company.
The Director, Supply Chain will lead our supply chain planning and execution. Work closely with our suppliers and contract manufacturers to ensure our customers always receive quality products on time. Responsible for supply chain activities across all Walker & Co brands (Bevel and Form) and product categories: soft goods, hard goods (razor and blades), and electronics (trimmer). Meticulous attention to detail, excellent quantitative and communication skills and ability to step in and own one of the most critical functions of our success.
- Must have strong background in demand planning & forecasting, sourcing and procurement, supplier management, production scheduling, inbound, outbound and reverse logistics.
- Proven excellence in managing and directing third-party fulfillment and logistics functions focusing on improved service to customers and utilizing the partnership to improve service level and cost reductions.
- Own supply chain architecture, including modeling of most efficient supply chain
- Analyze demand flow and pattern, CPFR process, inventory management, lead time analyses, transportation, MOQ optimization
- Drive overall reduction in supply chain cost as % of Net Sales
- Own demand planning, including forecasting, kitting, clear-to-build, inventory) – minimum 3-month rolling forecast
- Manage and report inventory at all locations
- Liaise between Product Development and supply chain partners during product launches
- Communicate with Engineering on critical projects related to order fulfillment, new product launches or logistics related inquiries
- Work with Customer Success and Marketing to ensure all customer and event logistics needs from a product standpoint are fulfilled
- Manage component-level inventory at suppliers and finished goods inventory at 3PL
- Establish appropriate KPIs, including vendor scorecards and quarterly business reviews for key vendors
- Identify cost savings and SKU rationalization opportunities
- Lead weekly Sales & Operations meeting
- Own and manage all product data (SKUs, Dimensions & Weights, UPCs and HTS/Tariff Codes) to enable quick item/vendor setups for launching a new product or channel and maintain a central data source for supporting e-commerce platform development too
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers
- Optimize 3PL processes and achieve cost efficiencies
- Manage and build positive, collaborative vendor relationships
- Review of performance, take corrective actions, ensure timely billing and payments
- Ensure compliance of contractual agreements
- Reconcile vendor payments each month
- Ensure vendors receive correct and up-to-date SOPs for filling, assembly, kitting, dot com pick and pack, customer order fulfillment
- Maintain vendor database
- Oversee customer order fulfillment; accept weekly POs
- Manage 3PL day-to-day executional requests (e.g., kitting instructions, outbound logistics, special service requests)
- Coordinate all new product implementation (NPI) activities to ensure that the 3PL is ready for all aspects of the product launch
- Create new POs, report on open PO status weekly, manage in Netsuite
- Maintain accurate Bill of Materials and issue update quarterly
- Work closely with R&D/Product Development on requirements for new product launches and redesigns/reformulations
- Focus on logistics efficiencies and manage logistics cost reduction initiatives
- Manage scheduling and delivery of raw materials, components, and finished goods
- Work with China Project Manager on inbound shipments from China, including shipping and customs documentation
- Optimize shipment schedules and transportation method (air vs sea decisions) to lower costs
- Implement a Reverse Logistics strategy that meets both cost and customer satisfaction goals
- Frequent travel in the US and overseas will be required to visit suppliers, CMs and other partners.
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
- It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
- Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
- More benefits! Amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, generous vacation and personal days as needed.
- We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.