Sr. Director, Consumer Experience and Product Development
This hybrid role leads product development and consumer experience. You’ll be responsible for overseeing strategy and execution for each function to achieve continuous improvement for Walker & Co. Brands. You will work cross-functionally, exposing gaps and pain points as you translate your insights into actionable business recommendations for all areas under your management.
You will lead and execute a clear end-to-end vision for consumer experience and oversee the IMP. We expect you to take an analytical approach as you communicate areas of opportunity. This role reports to the VP of Marketing and has 2 direct reports who support consumer experience.
Leverage intimate knowledge of our consumer gathered through consumer insights, lead annual Innovation Master Planning and serve as main product development liaison with WCO contract manufacturers and P&G R&D.
-Develop WCO’s overall innovation growth strategy that results in us becoming a lead player in the male grooming category. This includes leading our annual IMP process.
-Monitor the health & beauty/men’s grooming industry to stay current on trending brands, competitive products, ingredients, techniques, technology, and consumer insights.
-Serve as the brand product expert, well versed in ingredients/technologies used and product benefits
-Own concept to production development process and timeline, including competitive benchmarking, WIP Bill of Materials (COG) and Product Requirements Document (PRD), working in close partnership with P&G R&D, Supply Chain, and WCO contract manufacturers.
-Lead weekly CPS meetings from kickoff through production
-Collaborate closely with VPs of Marketing and Sales on product requirements (i.e. SRP, sizing, packaging, claims, size of prize), external presentations (i.e. buyer meetings), and portfolio optimization (i.e. SKU rationalization, product reformulations, pricing changes, etc.)
Oversee best-in-class execution of Consumer Care Team & Systems
Manage and partner with the Customer Success Manager to build a world class Consumer Care team empowered to provide an excellent experience for our consumers.
- 7+ years of related experienceExperience in designing soft and hard goods products that resonate with consumers both globally and locally
- Experience working with large-scale, global retailers and partners to bring product designs to market for a variety of different consumer targets
- Demonstrated ability to lead a product design team in the creation of consumer-led items from concept through production
- Demonstrated ability to capitalize on market trends and consumer zeitgeist to maximize value creation throughout the trend cycle
- Demonstrated ability to create, leverage and scale innovation in consumer products
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive quality product design within financial KPI’s
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence a diverse audience including experience working with external partners to bring product designs to life
- Successful experience working and thriving in a highly matrixed company structure
- Robust leadership and talent development abilities and a collaborative and effective management style
- Proven ability to think creatively and disruptively to bring and infuse new ideas into product design
- Experience in multiple segments within the global market
- Demonstrated ability to lead the organizational and cultural change efforts needed to ensure new, innovative concepts, business practices, and technologies are fully adopted and integrated into the business
Nice to Haves:
- CPG Experience
- Startup Experience
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
-It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
-Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
-More benefits...amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, generous paid time off plan.
-We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.