Senior Director of Marketing
Atlanta / Remote /
Walker & Company Brands is reinventing the way consumers of color learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of Black, Latinx and Asian consumers --- three of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
Our aim is to build the world's most consumer centric health & beauty products and services company.
As a critical member of the Walker & Company leadership team, the Sr. Director of Marketing will lead and manage all marketing-related strategy and execution for Bevel. They will be responsible for developing and leading an omni-channel marketing approach to engage our target consumer segments in a dynamic, authentic 360-degree consumer experience employing disciplines including product marketing, social media, PR, digital marketing, pricing, channel promotions (DTC, retail, and retailer dot com), marketing analytics, consumer insights, and education. This person will craft, implement and amplify interactive, multi-layered marketing campaigns to drive brand awareness, new customer acquisition and repeat purchase, with a deep understanding of the consumer journey. Sr. Director of Marketing will initially report to the CEO.
- Define the strategic marketing objectives of the brand, consistent with the brand’s short-term and long-term goals and aligned with overall company strategy.
- Drive and develop innovative marketing campaigns to support key holiday moments, new launches, hero products, and core brand positioning.
- Plan all initiatives to propel brand awareness, engage consumers, and drive sales from both new and existing consumers.
- Lead and inspire the marketing team, lead a marketing brief process for all programs, while collaborating closely with the Sales and Creative teams.
- Develop and manage marketing budget.
- Lead cross-functional project kick off meetings with team leads to communicate program objectives and requirements.
- Lead customer and competitor research to obtain key data to aid in decision making.
- Use data to evaluate performance, provide insightful recommendations, and measure success.
- Achieve continuous improvement of marketing-related execution.
- BA/BS Required
- Minimum of 5 years of brand marketing experience, overseeing concept to launch marketing strategies
- Demonstrated experience in defining, articulating, developing and driving a marketing vision to team members, agencies, and retail partners at all levels
- Prior experience in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment, with proven ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, and multiple brands
- Proven ability to perform as both a manager and a strong individual contributor
- Proven track record as a results and metrics-driven leader
- Ability to partner closely with and effectively communicating with cross-functional teams, particularly Creative and Sales, within a small organization
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, presentation); a story teller
- Experience in beauty, consumer packaged goods, retail or agency
- Experience with media interviews
- Experience in new product development
- Agency management and ability to develop assets from concept to launch
- Passion for multicultural marketing
- Comfortable in start-up/fast-paced environments
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
-It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.-Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
-More benefits...amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, generous paid time off plan.
-We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.