Product & Design
Walker & Company Brands is an e-commerce company that is completely reinventing the way consumers learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of black and latino consumers --- two of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
We're inventing a new class of commerce company that will build beloved consumer brands, will win on customer experience, and will win on technology.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: We’re looking for a creative and innovative copywriter to help generate great experiences over web, email, digital marketing, print marketing, activations and packaging design to make health & beauty simple for people of color. The ideal candidate is curious, passionate and has an eye for detail.
- Work closely with Creative Director, Designers and Brand Marketing team to turn user needs and business goals into compelling experiences through the written word
- Write copy that has the power to both inspire and educate for our two brands: Bevel and Form Beauty
- Collaborate with creative and marketing teams to create innovative marketing campaigns that align to overall creative strategy
- Take complex ideas and communicate them simply
- Stay on top of the latest grooming/beauty trends and education
- Work within existing brand strategy and voice and develop consistency across all mediums and channels
- 4-5 years experience at an agency or in-house writing copy for brands or startups
- Portfolio of original brand and marketing work
- Experience writing for and understanding of multicultural consumers
- Strong conceptual skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong grasp of language, grammar and familiarity with AP style
- Strong copy-editing skills
- Self motivated and capable of working at a fast pace on many different projects
- Willing to work part time with flexibility in working hours
- Haircare, beauty, and/or grooming experience
- A degree in English, Journalism, Advertising or Communications
- Knowledge of SEO and SEO strategies that work
- Experience writing for social media
Why Work at Walker & Company Brands?
- It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
- Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
- Our office is conveniently located in downtown Palo Alto, just a 2 minute walk to and from the Palo Alto Caltrain station.
- Great coffee shops and restaurants surround the office.
- More benefits! Amazing health, dental and vision plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, competitive equity packages, unlimited vacation and personal days as needed.
- We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.