Forecasting and Demand Planner
Walker & Company Brands is an e-commerce company that is completely reinventing the way consumers learn about, purchase and enjoy health and beauty products. We’re starting with a focus on the $50 billion personal care segment. Personal care manufacturers and traditional retailers are neither building brands nor merchandising experiences which cater to the uniquely differentiated needs of Black and Latinx consumers --- two of America’s fastest growing and most culturally influential demographic groups.
We're inventing a new class of commerce company that will build beloved consumer brands, will win on customer experience, and will win on technology.
We are searching for a talented leader to ensure our company’s operations are timely, efficient and cost-effective. Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, you will be the key integration point of contact between the Supply Chain team, Sales and the commercial organization. You will manage end to end supply chain management and drive key deliverables. You are responsible for creating and maintaining the forecast by incorporating business intelligence and information gathered from Sales, Marketing, Finance, and trends. You will lead the dialogue between Sales, Marketing and Operations.
- Develop demand forecasts based on demand patterns, business trends, and market intelligence working closely with the Marketing and Sales teams
- Achieve forecast accuracy and improvements
- Manage supply forecasting with suppliers and third party logistics to identify and resolve potential problems
- Create purchase orders for the suppliers and maintain contact with them about timely delivery
- Maintain the product inventory buffers/stock level to ensure sufficient supply
- Adjust inventory to meet the customer needs
- Optimize shipping and operations costs
- Contribute to various new product development projects
- Identify areas of improvement and recommend action plans
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities
- Update Sales team about product availability
- Address demand-related queries and issues in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to meet customer demands during constrained supply
- Develop supply chain strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Maintain demand planning system and software (including maintaining SKU numbers, bill of materials and bill of costs)
- Perform ancillary duties as needed
- 3+ years work experience or education (Supply chain, Engineering, Business, Logistics, or related degree) in logistics, demand planning/forecasting, supply planning, or supply chain related areas
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to summarize and explain complex information to others
- Analytical skills
- Solution focused thinking skills
Nice to Haves
- Demonstrated knowledge of NetSuite, or other MRP/ERP systems
- Understanding of inventory management practices and procedures
- Mathematical and statistical knowledge
- The ability to think outside of the box and devise creative solutions to various problems
- Presentation skills
Why work at Walker & Company Brands?
-It's an opportunity to join a small, agile company chasing a large, underserved market opportunity.
-Great exposure to building vertically-integrated e-commerce brands.
-More benefits! Amazing health and dental plans for individuals and dependents (we pay 100% of the premium costs), commuter plans, generous paid time off plan.
-We dream big. We love to compete. We like to have fun. Feel free to reference check us on that.