Senior Scala Engineer
Development – R&D /
WalkMe is looking for a talented Senior Scala Engineer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
About the position
WalkMe is looking to hire a talented engineer to join the Data Infrastructure Team in our Engineering Department. WalkMe’s Data Unit consists of data engineers who meet thought-provoking challenges on a daily basis. Our infrastructure is responsible for collecting data from millions of concurrent users which produce billions of events daily.
We are looking for people who look at the world differently, people who are passionate about making sense out of huge amounts of data, who explore, analyze and lead the solutions they envision. If you are an engineer that is passionate about developing an innovative product, making an impact, and striving to work with the industry’s best talent as part of one of the fastest growing and successful companies around – WalkMe is where you want to be!
What will you actually be doing?
- Develop and maintain complex Scala applications that facilitate data ingestion, processing, as well as the APIs for querying the data;
- Develop and maintain a range of data sources based on various NoSQL storage engines;
- Investigate, learn and implement new technologies.
What should you bring to the table?
- Excellent proficiency with Scala;
- Experience with Docker;
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Experience with queue systems;
- Basic knowledge of Networking, Linux administration and command line interface;
- Upper-Intermediate English.
Will be nice to have:
- Experience with GCP/AWS/Azure;
- Experience with Akka, Akka HTTP;
- Experience with Kafka, Kubernetes, AWS Lambdas, Google Cloud Functions;
- Experience with Presto, BigQuery, Druid or other timeseries databases;
- Experience in design of highload infrastructure and microservices.
What you will love about us?
- Competitive salary;
- Hybrid working format (remote + office);
- Medical Insurance;
- English courses;
- Individual career plan;
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities;
- Career and professional growth.
WalkMe, industry leader in Digital Adoption, provides the world's first Digital Adoption Platform (DAP), designed to help enterprises guide and engage end-users through an array of websites and applications.
Through WalkMe’s guidance, engagement, insights, and automation, employees are more efficient, executives have better visibility into digital usage, and organizations maximize the full value of their digital assets to empower digital transformation.
At WalkMe, we approach Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) with the same level of collaboration, innovation and accountability that we bring to the rest of our business. We believe in the value of diversity and are committed to ensuring an equitable and inclusive workplace where every employee has an equal opportunity to achieve success.