Junior SEO Specialist (Growth)
Growth – Growth - ML (SEO) /
At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. Weights & Biases is a series C company with $200 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions like FAIR and UC Berkeley to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Lyft, and more.
Reporting to the Lead SEO Specialist, the Junior SEO Specialist will own elements of onsite optimization, tracking, and reporting of such. Additionally, they will be responsible for assisting in research.
You’ll partner closely with the Growth Team to drive aggressive growth to various sections of the site; you’ll maintain and improve on 4%-5% week-over-week growth from organic search, a goal we continue reaching.
What you’ll achieve:
- Assist in onsite optimization of a highly technical website related to machine learning. This ranges from the standard title, description, and heading optimization to structuring content for optimal exposure.
- Deploy markup as needed through Google Tag Manager.
- Perform on-the-fly mini-audits, looking for issues as required.
- Review and analyze various data sources for keyword opportunities.
- Assist with content strategy research, including keywords, topical relevance, and more.
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years of experience in onsite SEO.
- Able to apply a creative mind to problem-solving, and an analytical one to track its success of it.
- Experienced collaborating and communicating in writing with multiple senior stakeholders across a dozen teams.
- Propensity and examples of picking up new, highly technical concepts.
- Outgoing and friendly: You'll love this role if you enjoy connecting with real users day to day, helping them solve issues, and understanding good patterns for using our tools. Day to day you'll be answering questions and requests with a kind, thoughtful tone that makes users feel appreciated and connected to our team.
- Autonomous: If you work well in a self-directed environment, and proactively find ways to improve what you can and collaborate with team members, your initiative will really shine in this role.
- Curious and driven: Explore machine learning and learn more about Weights & Biases, and the space we work in. Solve problems in both fast-paced, short-term sprints and in larger, more long-term projects.
- Collaborative: A core aspect of the Growth Team at Weights & Biases is working as part of a fast-moving and results-oriented group. You’ll be trusting everyone to do what they need to do to help you, and they’ll be trusting you to do the same.
Why join us?
- Top-tier machine learning teams rely on our tools for their daily work at companies including OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, Lyft, Samsung, and Pandora.
- You'll never stop learning. This role gives you first-hand experience talking with leading researchers in the field, understanding their problems, and directly shaping the product direction.
- Our experienced founding team has successfully built and sold ML tools in the past at Figure Eight, and their deep knowledge of our industry, empathy for our users, and skillful management is driving W&B to success.
- Customers genuinely benefit from our tool. Here's a quote from Wojciech Zaremba, Cofounder and Robotics Lead, OpenAI: "W&B allows to scale up insights from a single researcher to the entire team, and from a single machine to hundreds of them."
- 🏝️ Unlimited vacation time
- 🩺 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 $500 home office budget with new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave
- 📈 401(k)
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with the job description as we seek out diverse and creative perspectives. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.