Customer Success Engineer
Sheffield, England or Belfast, Northern Ireland
Customer Success – Customer Success
The Customer Success Engineer (CSE) is a critical role in WANdisco’s Customer Success Organization. The CSE will be responsible for the successful onboarding and adoption of WANdisco’s Fusion software. As part of the onboarding team the CSE will work to understand the customer’s technical objectives and will design and tailor a plan for them to succeed. The CSE will be responsible for implementing the plan, assisting and guiding the customer through the planning and deployment process with an objective to provide relevant information, and ultimately ensuring customer adoption of the Fusion software.
The ideal candidate is passionate about customer success and learning new technologies, and understands how technical deliverables associate to business outcomes. The CSE will partner closely with customers to ensure we provide the right support, at the right time, in the right way, building relationships and providing guidance to help them achieve their goals.
- Onboarding: Remotely engage with the customer and assist through onboarding activities, including participating in the sales to services transition with an objective to understand the customer challenges and requirements, and through the planning, deployment, and subsequent transition to support.
- Adoption: As a partner to the Customer Success Manager (CSM), maintain an understanding of the customers’ applicable technical infrastructure, their objectives for using the Fusion software and any challenges they encounter. As part of a recurring process, communicate new software releases and the changes that are most applicable to the customers’ installation, their current use-case, and potential future use-cases. Provide ongoing technical guidance with an objective to ensure full-adoption of the Fusion software.
- Ongoing Improvement: Continually seek improvements to product and processes, capture lessons learned from each customer engagement, and share opportunities for improvement with colleagues.
- 3+ years of experience with the Hadoop Ecosystem including CDH/HDP, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn & Kerberos
- Prior experience working with enterprise scale technology organizations with file or object storage, IP networking, or Linux compute environments
- Prior experience or working knowledge of data copy, data movement, replication, or disaster recovery solutions
- Experience working with Cloud Object Store such as AWS S3
- Knowledge of the Hadoop Application Ecosystem, Hive, HBase, Spark, Oozie, Tez
- Technical certifications such as Cloudera, Hortonworks, Linux, AWS preferred
- Systems administration skills for Unix/Linux environments
- Proficiency in writing customer facing documents, including solution designs and test plans
- An understanding of networking, both architectures and protocols
- Ability to produce a solution design for planned work with customers
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
WANdisco is shaping the future of data infrastructure with its groundbreaking LIVE DATA platform, enabling companies to finally put all their data to work for the business – all the time, at any scale. Only WANdisco makes data always available, always accurate, and always protected, delivering hyperscale economics to support exponential data growth with the same IT budget. With significant OEM and go-to-market partnerships with IBM, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle and other industry titans – as well as hundreds of customers among the Global 2000 – WANdisco (LSE:WAND) is igniting a LIVE DATA movement worldwide.