Director of Product Marketing
San Ramon, California
Marketing – Marketing
The Director of Product Marketing is integral to our team by creating differentiated Go-to-Market positioning, target messaging, and incisive sales enablement to drive demand, awareness, continued revenue growth, and category leadership. The ideal candidate will identify and validate new markets, position and message product capabilities for target roles and markets, position against competitors, and develop and deliver high impact content, collateral, sales tools, and thought leadership. You will be an exceptional strategic thinker and communicator with a deep technical understanding of the data management, big data, Cloud and AI space.
- 10+ years of prior B2B Product Marketing experience at an enterprise SaaS, Big Data, AI, and/or Cloud Infrastructure
- Proven track record driving product marketing, sales enablement and execution through developing world class product messaging and positioning, go-to-market strategies, sales and partner enablement, leading market, customer and competitive intelligence and creating compelling and effective content
- Experience driving alignment with high-performing, cross-functional teams across marketing, engineering, product management, and sales to ensure successful execution
- Experienced speaker, author and comfortable working with technology analysts and journalist interviews
- Adept at building and maintaining relationships with the sales team, customers, prospects and partners; shaping solutions that have significant positive impact on their business and success
- Demonstrable experience partnering with Sales and Demand Generation functions to drive adoption and revenue through identification of successful sales strategies, development of innovative sales and marketing assets including but not limited to datasheets, ROI calculators, webinars, product videos, case studies, white papers, research, stakeholder presentations and conference collateral
- Prior ownership of competitive analysis including, but not limited to, product comparisons, sales objection handling, competitive sales playbooks, etc.
- Experience managing both senior and junior team members to make them successful
- Partner closely with Product Management and Engineering to understand our product strategy and develop customer narratives and compelling thought leadership content and customer stories
- Develop our messaging to gain both technical and business mindshare amongst senior executives in the enterprise
- Drive and execute our product and solution content strategy
- Build campaigns and sales content and tools that will help us build pipeline and close business
- Communicate with customers, prospects, analysts and press to both understand their perspectives and evangelize our story
- Create written and multi-media content that clearly articulates our vision, value proposition and product functionality and establishes us as a thought leader
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or equivalent required
WANdisco is the LiveData company that empowers enterprises to revolutionize their IT infrastructure with its groundbreaking distributed coordination engine (DConE) in the WANdisco Fusion platform, enabling companies to generate hyperscale economics with the same IT budget—across multiple development environments, data centers, and cloud providers. WANdisco Fusion powers hundreds of the Global 2000, including Cisco Systems, Allianz, AMD, Juniper, Morgan Stanley and more. With significant OEM relationships with IBM and Dell EMC and go-to-market partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Databricks, Cisco, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Neudesic, Oracle, Alibaba and other industry titans –WANdisco is igniting a LiveData movement worldwide.