Technical Support Engineer
Customer Success – Technical Support
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is a critical role in WANdisco’s Customer Success Organization. The TSE engages remotely with some of the largest global enterprise organizations to rapidly analyze, reproduce and resolve technical problems. The ideal candidate will seek ways to improve technologies or processes.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix systems: ability to navigate around the *nix command line, understand package management, administer systems, ability to interact with log files on the fly and put together bash one-liners to help support WANdisco’s customers
- Driven to discover, investigate and most importantly solve complex problems in real-time, on customer systems
- Excellent communications skills and an outgoing personality as well as confidence fielding calls with technical peers
- Desire to work within a close-knit but globally distributed team of other similarly talented and driven Technical Support Engineers
- Proficient English language skills
- Analyze, reproduce, and resolve customer problems of varying complexity across Big Data and Cloud environments, including Hadoop, Object Storage, AWS, Azure, Alibaba Cloud and others
- Analyze, reproduce, and resolve customer problems within Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environments: Subversion, Git and Gerrit
- Document problems and defects and improve support processes by creating new Knowledge Base articles, bulletins and advisories
- Maintain SLAs and resolve time-critical issues
- Consult with customers over the phone and online
- Deliver flexible 24/7/365 cover including weekend and out-of-hours support as part of a globally distributed support team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or industry-relevant experience preferred
WANdisco is the LiveData company that empowers enterprises to revolutionize their IT infrastructure with its groundbreaking distributed coordination engine (DConE) in the WANdisco Fusion platform, enabling companies to generate hyperscale economics with the same IT budget—across multiple development environments, data centers, and cloud providers. WANdisco Fusion powers hundreds of the Global 2000, including Cisco Systems, Allianz, AMD, Juniper, Morgan Stanley and more. With significant OEM relationships with IBM and Dell EMC and go-to-market partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Databricks, Cisco, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Neudesic, Oracle, Alibaba and other industry titans –WANdisco is igniting a LiveData movement worldwide.