Manager of Technical Publications
Project Management – Project Management
The Manager of Technical Publications plays a vital role in leading our technical publications team, helping our customers get started quickly and ensuring that technical details relating to our products are clear and easy to understand. This role will provide strategic direction in the technical publication team, contribute to product documentation and act as an advocate for good technical content throughout the company.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about writing, with a focus on clarity, straightforward storytelling, and an information architect’s approach to organising material. A technical background in big data, storage, cloud, backup or related technologies will enable the candidate to get to grips with our products quickly.
- Create and maintain clear, accurate, documentation that enables customers to configure, use, and scale
- Ensure that the documentation is sufficiently extensive
- Assimilate and organise a large amount of information into user-friendly format
- Scope out and prioritise needs across products, to drive documentation planning
- Collaborate with development teams in a cross-functional, distributed environment
- Apply team standards and processes for writing and publishing documentation
- Lead strategy around tool selection and modes of external communication
- 5+ years of technical writing experience, documenting complex software systems
- Proven experience designing, planning, and delivering content that meets the needs of customers
- Proficiency in the skills of a technical writer: consistent voice, straightforward and lively style, understanding of the rules of grammar and usage
- Demonstrate understanding of information architecture concepts and how to apply them
- Proficiency in markdown, HTML, and Git
- Previous experience working in an agile programming environment preferred
- Experience developing short video tutorials preferred
- Experience working with big data technologies with knowledge of cloud and distributed data infrastructure preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Communications with experience in engineering preferred
WANdisco is the LiveData company that empowers enterprises to revolutionize their IT infrastructure with its groundbreaking distributed coordination engine (DConE) in the WANdisco Fusion platform, enabling companies to generate hyperscale economics with the same IT budget—across multiple development environments, data centers, and cloud providers. WANdisco Fusion powers hundreds of the Global 2000, including Cisco Systems, Allianz, AMD, Juniper, Morgan Stanley and more. With significant OEM relationships with IBM and Dell EMC and go-to-market partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Databricks, Cisco, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Neudesic, Oracle, Alibaba and other industry titans –WANdisco is igniting a LiveData movement worldwide.