Sales and Marketing Operations Specialist
Sales / Marketing – Sales / Marketing /
The Sales & Marketing Operations Specialist (SMOS) is a critical role in WANdisco’s Sales and Marketing Operations organization. The primary responsibility of the SMOS role is to increase sales productivity and marketing effectiveness. This will be accomplished by simplifying sales and marketing processes, helping to build a best-in-class technology stack, partnering with leadership as an internal data and analytics consultant, and providing on-going enablement and documentation support.
- 3+ years of experience in Sales Operations or Marketing Operations roles
- Well-versed in Salesforce.com (or other leading CRM systems) and other integrated sales productivity tools
- Experience in Demand Gen analytics and reporting: should be capable of diving into complex datasets and gleaning insights to provide strategic recommendations
- Advanced use of Excel and BI tools to expedite and standardize reporting
- Highly collaborative with other departments including Marketing, Finance, and IT: experience working with Marketing on campaign execution and reporting, Finance on deal desk, and IT on sales automation implementation and maintenance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Driven self-starter who can be trusted to do meaningful work while thinking about the bigger picture of how sales teams can function more efficiently and effectively
- Demand Process Ownership and Improvement: Continually seek improvements to lead management processes from prospecting to closing, capture lessons learned from the field, propose and drive adoption of change. Processes include territory structure and account prioritization, lead management, pricing and contract support.
- Sales and Marketing Technology Stack: Conduct internal and external research to uncover needs and the best tools to help improve sales productivity and marketing execution. Own the process of budgeting, procuring, implementing, training, administration, and on-going improvement of all tools within the MarTech and Sales Technology stack. These tools include but are not limited to email prospecting/automation, field activity, contract management, PRM, and sales enablement software. Marketing technology include ABM platforms, digital analytics, marketing automation platforms, optimization, project management, and analytics platforms.
- Sales Enablement: Work with leadership to determine schedule, format, platform, and content for training sales teams on sales methodology & best practices, upcoming marketing and sales initiatives, how to use systems and more.
- Sales and Marketing Reporting: Partner with Channel, Sales, Finance, and Executive leadership to gather requirements and build reporting around sales effectiveness, forecasting, pipeline reviews, and performance. Leverage the marketing analytics platform to help marketing leadership improve performance of demand generation activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Analytics or other related field of study
WANdisco is the LiveData company. WANdisco solutions enable enterprises to create an environment where data is always available, accurate, and protected, creating a strong backbone for their IT infrastructure and a bedrock for running consistent, accurate machine learning applications. With zero downtime and zero data loss, WANdisco LiveData Cloud Services keep geographically dispersed data at any scale consistent between on-premises and cloud environments allowing businesses to operate seamlessly in a hybrid or multi-cloud environment. WANdisco has over a hundred customers and significant go-to-market partnerships with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Oracle, and others as well as OEM relationships with IBM and Alibaba. For more information on WANdisco, visit www.wandisco.com.