Project Designer, Architecture
Chicago, IL /
Design Architecture /
Ware Malcomb has an exciting opportunity in our Oak Brook or Chicago office for an Architectural Project Designer who will provide design support to regional Ware Malcomb offices!
Project Designers are responsible for creating Conceptual and Schematic Design for architectural projects and presenting design options, including determining and meeting client goals and developing client relationships. You will remain “on-call” throughout the lifecycle of a project to provide design direction to the project team. In addition, you will be involved in VE, submittal review, consultant coordination and drawing set reviews as it relates to design intent.
Architectural Project Designer Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to develop ongoing relationships and determine clients’ project goals
- Responsible for developing design options for both site and buildings
- Coordinate with Project Managers and direct junior staff in correctly documenting design
- Follow projects from inception through construction in order to maintain design quality and intent
- Coordinate Interior Design team for spec buildings in order to provide cohesive design
- Understand Workplan/budget for projects and be able to meet the expectations for hours and deliverable
Architectural Project Designer Requirements:
- 8+ years of experience in architectural design
- Experience working on commercial or industrial projects preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field
- AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Sketch-up and Revit skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and Newforma
- Ability to coordinate a complete set of contract documents is strongly preferred
- Experience presenting to clients
- Knowledge of building codes
Established in 1972, Ware Malcomb is a contemporary and expanding full service design firm providing professional architecture, planning, interior design, civil engineering, branding and building measurement services to corporate, commercial/residential developer and public/institutional clients throughout the world.
With office locations throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Brazil, the firm specializes in the design of commercial office, corporate, industrial, science & technology, healthcare, retail, auto, public/institutional facilities and renovation projects.
Ware Malcomb offers the best of both worlds - a small-office, supportive and nurturing work environment with large company resources and support - providing an amazing opportunity for professional growth. Ware Malcomb offers a wellness-focused company culture, competitive salary and overall benefits package.
Ware Malcomb is recognized as an Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private company and a Hot Firm and Best Firm to Work For by Zweig Group!