Solutions Architect - Japan
Product Management – General /
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Solutions Architect, Japan
Wasabi is looking for a Solution Architect with AWS or other public cloud object storage experience to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate team. This is an opportunity to leverage your existing storage and network experience as well as to understand how systems operate on a massive scale. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud storage, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. We want our service to be as autonomous as possible and can only be done by having bright engineers who understand how to Think Big, simplify solutions to complex unprecedented problems, all in pursuit of the best customer experience possible.
Our environment is built for engineers who flourish in creating automation to reduce the operational workload rather than simply performing operational work all day. If you are a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic professional who is passionate about providing exemplary customer service, and eager to learn new technologies, this position is for you.
This position reports to the VP/GM of APAC.
- Explore the S3 storage protocol and how it communicates with Wasabi’s services.
- Engage other Wasabi engineers worldwide to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot our services.
- Express your creative, innovative ideas to make our team even more awesome.
- Regularly seek simple ways to approach complex issues or processes.
- Experience and knowledge with public cloud services (i.e., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a support engineering, sales engineering, or solution architecture role.
- Experience with protocols such as S3, TCP, UDP, SSL etc.
- Experience presenting to customers & partners.
- Basic understanding of reseller/channel business models.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple activities and projects.
- Hands-on experience with public cloud object storage services and policies (i.e., AWS S3, AWS IAM policies, Azure Blob, GCP storage).
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Experience with mission critical, 24×7 systems.
- Understanding of Linux and programming fundamentals.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.