Federal Business Development Director
Washington D.C. /
Sales – North America /
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Federal Business Development Director
Join the Wasabi Sales Team as a Federal Business Development Director, focused on contributing to the rapid growth of Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage. You will be expected to work with Federal Agencies, System Integrators (FSI’s) and Distributors to provide them with the best cloud object storage solutions from a price, performance and data security perspective. Your ability to target accounts and partners, identify opportunities and decision makers in bringing this disruptive value proposition to federal government accounts will be the key to your success.
- Your primary goal is to develop a consistent and growing revenue stream for Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage in the Federal Government.
- Effectively collaborate with internal departments across the organization to successfully close business by developing customer-centric solutions based on the specific needs of the customer.
- Establish, maintain and grow broad and deep relations within each customer and partner account.
- Identify and sign Federal focused Technology Alliance Partners and Channel Partners to assist in scaling the Wasabi Federal go to market sales initiative.
- Act as a product enthusiast to build awareness and understanding of our products and represents the company and products during key customer and partner presentations and Federal Government industry events.
- Leverage the Wasabi sales model to improve revenue growth and increase market share.
- Understand competitive product and strategy and know-how to sell against the competition.
- Manage Federal customer accounts and federal channels including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through developing quotations, providing RFP responses, and post-sales support.
- Ability to position the value of Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage from both business and technical perspective.
- Develop, run and report a growing sales pipeline leveraging all Wasabi sales tools available.
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Your background in selling IaaS, cloud services, cloud storage, data backup, disaster recovery solutions into Federal Agencies and the Federal Partner Eco-System will be key to your success in this role.
- A track record of attainment of MM+ annualized quotas is strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in Federal Acquisitions and Federal Sales specific to cloud services and/or premise storage solutions.
- 5+ years Federal Contracts and Program engagement experience.
- Experience of working across the Federal Partner eco-system of technology vendors, FSI’s, Distributors and Sales Agents to enact successful joint go-to-market business relations and solution offerings.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated proficiencies in building enduring relationships, positioning solutions with relevance and differentiated value for the Federal market.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development.
- Proven ability to handle a sophisticated sales process from initial customer/partner contact through product delivery and post-sales support.
- Demonstrated track record in developing relationships with C-level decision-makers and influencers including experience in closing large technology and service deals.
- Solid business and technical acuity/analytical skills including pipeline/forecast management.
- Ability to effectively understand and articulate customer business strategies and key drivers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to present confidently at the executive level.
- Cloud IaaS knowledge and/or related knowledge of premise or cloud based object storage.
- Travel may be needed.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.