Software Engineer - QA Team
Boston, MA /
Product Development – QA /
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Software Engineer - QA Team
In this Senior QA engineer role, the candidate will become part of the core team in the US, and is expected to work on complex and challenging projects; S3 features, cockroach DB, Salesforce, to name a few. The candidate is expected to work with minimal supervision and needs to be a team player.
- Responsible for preparing manual testing strategy, design, support, planning, and execution for a variety of applications.
- Compose and maintain testing documentation on all application defects using a bug-tracking system and report defects to teams using JIRA.
- Review and validate requirements, and technical specifications, and determine the tests to be automated.
- Execute automated and manual testing of our web applications and APIs
- 2+ years of hands-on Networking such as TCP/IP, Router, Switches, DHCP, DNS, and Shell scripting.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL commands, Docker and/or Kubernetes, Ansible or Terraform.
- Knowledge of Git or other source control system(s) is a plus.
- 3+ years of software testing methodologies experience in an agile environment with Selenium, Databases, web service and API testing.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Linux or UNIX.
- Ability to multitask, self-starter, and team player mindset as you work side by side with the development team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or relevant work experience.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.