Remote, Spain /
Regular Full Time
WatchGuard embraces a Flexible Work Philosophy. Most of our employees can choose to work from the office, at home, or any combination of the two. We’ve built a global workforce of outstanding team members and a flexible culture built on trust, collaboration, and belonging.
A Day in the Life
You will be part of the endpoint protection development team. The endpoint team is responsible for the development, maintenance and certification of WatchGuard solutions for both large account products and domestic products.
Within the team, you will be responsible for the development, testing and publishing of the iOS endpoints for Consumer and Corporate products.
You will be responsible for the integration of said endpoints with WatchGuard backends for device management.
You will be dedicated to researching new functionalities in the platform, which can be integrated in the endpoint later.
You will be dedicated to the evolutionary maintenance and to the resolution of both customer and internal incidents of said endpoints.
You will coordinate with the QAs team for functional validation and definition of the test checklists.
Additionally, you will work on the documentation of the endpoints, resolution of technical doubts and cost estimates of the new features to be developed.
About the Position
This position is for experienced software developers who want to join a multi-disciplinary team of expert developers in security protections, to work on the generation of solutions that both protect our customers and offer attractive functionality to them, both in the products of large account, corporate products and end-user products.
The right candidate for this position should have advanced knowledge of software development and years of experience in multidisciplinary teams. Previous experience in a similar position is preferred.
Is desired to have knowledge and experience in working on agile methodologies, which allow a quick response to our clients.
You will interact both with the rest of the team's developers, with the QA technicians of the same , as well as with the customer support department
This role reports directly to the Senior Engineering Manager, Endpoint. If you are looking for a challenge and are enthusiastic, self-motivated and want to grow as a developer of security solutions, WatchGuard has the perfect fit for you.
- At 30 days: This is a training period. Will be trained in the tools, systems, methods and the way the team works in the endpoint development department. Will be involved in the daily tasks of the team.
- At 60 days - Continue training. Will start working on customer incident resolution and functional development, supervised by a team senior member.
- At 90 days: Must be able to develop functional production modules and solve complex customer incidents based on the experience and the knowledge acquired in the training phases. Must work in an integrated way with the QA of the team for functional validation
- Join the multi-platform Endpoint Protection development team, focused on mobile platforms.
- Requirements analysis, design, and implementation of new features.
- Design and implementation of proof of concepts and tests.
- Code review, debugging, bug fixing.
- Follow agile development methodologies.
- Highly qualified teammates to work with.
- Continuous update and learning of new OS features.
- Continuous learning and continuous technical knowledge improvement.
- Participate in the interesting technological projects and continuous challenges.
- Maintain an excellent working environment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of development on mobile platforms
- Knowledge of iOS starting form iOS 11 and above.
- Knowledge of Swift programming language.
- Knowledge of SwiftUI and UIKit frameworks to build user interfaces
- Knowledge on iOS debugging techniques.
- Knowledge of version control GIT
- Knowledge of iOS development tools: XCode
- Knowledge of the publishing process of apps on the Apple Store
- Knowledge of dependency management using CocoaPods/Swift Packet Manager
- Knowledge of agile methodologies (preferable knowledge of SCRUM)
- Additional knowledge on Network Extensions
- Additional knowledge on continuous integrations
- Additional knowledge on other platforms: Android
Why Work for WatchGuard?
WatchGuard is a global leader in network security and intelligence, advanced endpoint protection, multi-factor authentication, and secure Wi-Fi. Our award-winning products and services are trusted worldwide by more than 18,000 security resellers and service providers to protect more than 250,000 customers. Our technology keeps our customers ahead of increasingly sophisticated hackers and has fueled record revenues at WatchGuard.
WatchGuard is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with team members working remotely and in offices worldwide.
Our company culture places an intense focus on our customers and employees. From the newest employee to our CEO, you'll find that each person at WatchGuard embodies our Core Values: Accountability, Community, Belonging, Action, Innovation, and Customer-Centric. Learn more about our company culture at www.watchguard.com/wgrd-careers.
WatchGuard provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified employees, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, age, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression or identity), marital status, mental or physical disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status or any other category protected by federal, state or local laws. Our equal employment opportunity (or EEO) policy focuses solely on the talent, hard work, contributions, and actual results achieved by each WatchGuard employee and on the potential of employment candidates to make such contributions. We consider focusing on an employee's protected characteristics rather than on talent, hard work, and actual work results to violate our EEO policy. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce. WatchGuard participates in E-verify.
WatchGuard is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.