Smart Contract Engineer (EVM)
New York /
Waterfall is a prediction market-esque trading and pricing protocol for NFTs. We are looking to make NFTs more composable and productive by developing new NFT infrastructure and mechanisms. Waterfall termed the concept for users to trade chips to predict NFT prices, providing instant price discovery for both liquid and illiquid assets.
Backed by Electric Capital and Pantera Capital, we are a lean, fast-paced team that cares about building an inclusive culture: beyond creating an impact in the space, we want to work together to make Waterfall the best choice for you and your future.
To learn more and stay updated, make sure to follow our socials and visit our website!
• Ability to build out the entire protocol in Solidity (+Yul)
• 9+ months of experience writing smart contracts for the EVM ecosystem
• 4+ years of programming experience
• Great communication skills between team members
• Passion about DeFi, financial derivatives markets, and/or NFTs
• Previous experience working at a crypto company
• Background in math and/or security research
• Proficiency in Typescript
• Interests in CTFs
• Implement protocol mechanisms by writing efficient, composable smart contracts
• Collaborate with team engineers to integrate the protocol with frontend and backend
• Design and write robust test cases using Foundry, Hardhat, and other necessary tools
• Practice good code documentation
• Perform analysis and reverse engineer protocol designs and mechanisms
• Collaborate with team members
• Research and stay up to date with new protocols and developments in the Ethereum ecosystem
Our compensation package includes a base annual salary ($120k - $200k) and stock. Here are some benefits that we currently offer:
• Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Eye, Life)
• Stipend to set-up work environment (e.g. any work gear)
• Co-working office pass
• Paid travel for conferences and company off-sites
• Unlimited paid time off
If you are motivated and eager to take on the novel and challenging problem of pricing NFTs, we'd love to hear from you. Even if you are unfamiliar with the EVM or Solidity but are passionate about the problem and willing to learn, apply anyway!