Senior Account Executive (US West)
Los Angeles, United States /
Wattpad – Brand Partnerships /
Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
This role is an exciting opportunity to help Wattpad partner with Fortune 500 brands and their agency partners who want to deeply engage with a community of Gen-Zers. Wattpad has a monthly audience of over 90M users - 80%+ of which are female who spend an average of 52+ minutes per session on Wattpad!
Reporting to our Head of Brand Partnerships, you’ll be based in LA, and responsible for growing Wattpad’s advertising revenue. You bring a proven track record in advertising sales or branded content sales, preferably to entertainment clients or Gen-Z focused brands, and a proven ability to reach and influence key stakeholders to drive new business.
What you'll be doing:
- Build Wattpad’s advertising client base across multiple verticals, including entertainment, CPG, QSR, and technology. Client targets include CMOs, Heads of Marketing, and media agencies
- Manage and grow a portfolio of brands and agency partners to use Wattpad's growing advertising products
- Manage the full sales cycle: identify, negotiate and close new advertising partners, and meet or exceed individual revenue targets
- Collaborate with account management and creative strategy teams to maximize revenue we are generating from existing accounts
- Act as a consultative seller, working to understand brands’ marketing objectives, competitive landscape and how Wattpad can help achieve their goals
- Develop integrated brand campaigns, as well as scalable media plans, that clearly achieve brand objectives while staying true to the Wattpad brand and community
- Understand digital advertising dynamics and trends to continually build the knowledge base of opportunities as well as competitive offerings
- Stay up-to-date on digital advertising, social media, content marketing, and branded entertainment to develop and continually innovate on our sales opportunities and sales product
- Collaborates with Head of Brand Partnerships, Product, and other cross-organizational groups to develop new ad & partnership product offerings, campaign ideas, and revenue generating opportunities for Wattpad
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in digital media, content partnerships, or advertising
- 3+ years of successful digital advertising sales experience, ideally targeting Gen-Z, and including advertising sales directly to brands as well as to their agencies
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing/Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of branding/brand storytelling and marketing campaigns aimed at brand awareness and brand perception change, including native advertising, video, influencer marketing, etc.
- An ambitious, startup mindset with demonstrated ability to operate independently, and achieve quarterly sales quotas while managing full sales pipelines
- Rolodex and relationships with marketing decision makers at leading brands and top media & advertising agencies
- Demonstrated ability to break into new accounts and generate new business
- Exceptional communication, presentation, listening, and negotiation skills
- Passion for reading and/or writing - being a Wattpader is definitely a bonus!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered by us!
- 401K Contributions
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- Monthly Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play...and all while having a great time.
Wattpad is a remote friendly company and encourages remote candidates to apply as long as they are located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) as a precondition of employment. We are not able to sponsor applicants for work permits.
If you happen to live near the areas of either Toronto, Ontario or Halifax, Nova Scotia, you may also have the opportunity to work from our beautiful offices - 1 located in Downtown Toronto and the other in Downtown Halifax, both with easy access to transit.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.