Director, Creator Management
Remote - US or Canada /
WWS – Wattpad WEBTOON Studios /
Wattpad WEBTOON Studios brings together technology, a diverse new generation of creators, and passionate global fandoms to create data-backed, audience-driven TV shows, films, and books. Leveraging incredible stories and insights from WEBTOON and Wattpad’s combined audience of more than 166 million people, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios has pioneered a bold, global, fan-first approach to entertainment. Wattpad WEBTOON Studios has worked with Netflix, Sony Pictures Television, Crunchyroll, The Jim Henson Company, Vertigo Entertainment, Constantin Film, Penguin Random House, and many other leaders in entertainment and publishing.
Our Creator Management team is a key pillar of Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, in providing the necessary and valuable touchpoints and programs to enable our Creators (writers on Wattpad and creators on WEBTOON) to successfully manage opportunities with our Entertainment and Publishing division as well as with our partners globally.
Reporting into the Head of Content and Creators, the Director of Creator Management will lead a team of Creator Managers and Specialists to manage and grow the roster of Wattpad and WEBTOON’s most influential creators who are actively working with Wattpad WEBTOON Studios. You will provide leadership in formulating and managing key programs to support our creators’ growth and success across entertainment and publishing opportunities. This may include formulating new franchise revenue approaches for select creators to secure external brand partnership opportunities. Partnering closely with other functional teams including Content, Marketing and Operations, you will represent our creators in shaping Studios growth initiatives to advocate for their needs, reflect their sentiments and enable their growth on and off platform.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of managing and scaling creator/influencer programs and have had meaningful experience managing influential talent. You are passionate about the creator economy and are tapped into the key trends shaping the popularity of creators and their content.
We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply; we embrace and celebrate diversity and inclusion at Wattpad. Wattpad’s team is made up of these impressive numbers: 45% POC, 41% of our leadership team identify as a POC, 50% of our leadership team are women and 56% of our team identify as women.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide leadership on strategic programs for our top-tier creators that influence and support the overall multi-year goals of the Studio
- Explore the viability of creator franchises and formulate the approach for substantive growth of their monetizable opportunities
- Proactively advocating for the needs of our top tier creators and providing actionable solutions to address any gaps in the organization
- Recognize and implement relevant best practice industry trends as they relate to creator growth and retention
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (entertainment, publishing, international, etc.) to involve creators as is necessary to drive value for the success of outcomes (book launches, entertainment releases etc.)
- Work closely with Content team to prioritize Wattpad and WEBTOON IP to be acquired for the Studio by providing strategic insights on creator readiness and growth prospects
- Advise cross-functional teams (entertainment, publishing, international, etc.) on creator insights for marketing, monetizable campaign workflows, & etc.
- Provide day-to-day management and leadership of the Creator Management team, including unblocking resources, task enablement, and professional development
- Accountable for managing and delivering metrics and data focused on creator revenue, sentiments, retention and growth
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working in a role related to influencer/talent management, publicity, or digital marketing. Experience with user-generated content is a big plus
- 5+ years of experience as a manager leading teams and/or projects
- Strategic experience developing and scaling programs involving creators and/or users
- Exceptional diplomatic skills from high emotional intelligence and demonstrated experience in resolving interpersonal conflicts in sensitive business environments
- Knowledge of the trends of the creator economy and are passionate about finding new ways to help creators succeed
- Strong demonstrated interest in the publishing and entertainment industry
- Positive track record of managing teams and a consummate team player. Listening, empathizing, and problem-solving comes naturally to you
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with ease
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. You understand basic contracting
- Demonstrated experience and/or commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Proficient in GSuite, Word, and Excel. Experience with Salesforce and Docusign a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- RRSP Contributions (Canada), 401K Contributions (USA)
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- Monthly Transit and Home Office Allowance, choice of hardware, flexible hours, hybrid office and remote work options
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad WEBTOON Studios is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play...and all while having a great time.
We are a remote friendly company and encourages remote candidates to apply as long as they are located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) as a precondition of employment. We are not able to sponsor applicants for work permits.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.