Head of Programmatic & Ad Operations
Remote - Canada /
Wattpad – Wattpad | Brand Partnerships /
Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
The Head of Programmatic & Ad Ops will play a key role in overseeing Wattpad’s programmatic advertising business and ad operations functions. Using your deep experience and subject matter expertise of the programmatic & digital advertising landscape, you will create and implement strategies that align with Wattpad’s company goals to drive, grow and deliver programmatic advertising revenue.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for the creation and execution of our Programmatic Advertising strategy & achievement of programmatic revenue targets
- Responsible for overseeing Ad Operations functions of Wattpad’s ad business while providing strategic guidance around investment within the company to help enable continued growth of the business.
- Work closely with Leaders across Wattpad’s Sales, Product and Engineering teams to develop and grow Wattpad’s advertising revenue across all platforms:
- Continuously evaluate current ad tech partners and programmatic stack (i.e. Max, Nimbus, Magnite, Amazon Publisher Services etc.)
- Using your deep understanding of current industry trends, evaluate and drive investments to iterate on our programmatic offering.
- Identify and evaluate new partnerships (i.e. SSPs, Networks etc) opportunities in our top markets
- Lead efforts to trial and set-up new revenue partners (including contract negotiations/legal review, financial and operational processes, in conjunction with our legal and finance resources)
- Optimize Wattpad’s programmatic stack and set-up:
- Your team will act as a central point of contact for all 3rd party advertising partnerships and ad ops tasks for all direct-sold advertising clients, work to evaluate existing partnerships for efficiency and ROI
- Your team will monitor and report on all programmatic channels and activity
- Lead and execute on inventory pricing strategy - manage, approve, and maintain advertiser floors and advertiser channel management strategy
- Forecast and manage display ad inventory
- Programmatic advertising forecasting and analysis
- Lead programmatic advertising process revenue forecasting and modeling with finance
- Strategically apply analysis to monitor the health of the metrics iterating
- Lead programmatic dashboarding processes and efforts
- Manage SSP and Programmatic Partnerships:
- Facilitate troubleshooting between support teams, technology, and partners.
- Work with platform partners to test ad tags, traffic, and implement programmatic deals
- Assist when needed in all aspects of invoicing and billing of strategic partnership advertisers including payment disputes, credit adjustments, and collections.
- Lead Ad Operations Team & Troubleshooting:
- Manage Programmatic & Ad Operations team (including traffickers and analysts)
- Support escalated troubleshooting of direct campaign, PMP set-up and programmatic partner set up issues
What we're looking for:
- At least 10+ years of work experience in the programmatic / digital advertising environment and must include experience working with online ad serving, SSPs and programmatic systems
- Experience creating and executing on programmatic strategies
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and quantitative skill with the ability to interpret data analysis and modeling results into actionable recommendations
- Strong understanding of the programmatic landscape and current industry trends, challenges in the marketplace, and understanding of the competition.
- Experience with campaign optimization, media analytics and digital advertising metrics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to lead conversations with existing and potential partners
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines is vital
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Economics, Math, or other related discipline
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- RRSP Contributions
- Generous vacation and Parental Leave Top-up
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, with easy access to transit
- Summer Fridays with afternoons off!
- And a whole lot more!
Wattpad is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play...and all while having a great time.
Wattpad is a remote friendly company and encourages remote candidates to apply as long as they are located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) as a precondition of employment. We are not able to sponsor applicants for work permits.
If you happen to live near the areas of either Toronto, Ontario or Halifax, Nova Scotia, you may also have the opportunity to work from our beautiful offices - 1 located in Downtown Toronto and the other in Downtown Halifax, both with easy access to transit.
Culture and Diversity
Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period.
Wattpad welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. We are committed to fostering a global team that reflects the diversity of the Wattpad community. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other protected status.
If you have any special needs or accessibility requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Studies show women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs if they do not meet all the qualifications. Therefore, in an effort to build a more diverse workplace, we encourage you to apply anyways. You might actually be the right person or you may be a good fit for a number of other openings we currently have.