Media Sales & Brand Partnerships Manager
Los Angeles, California
WEBTOON – WEBTOON /
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
WEBTOON is actively seeking an outgoing, highly motivated Media Sales & Brand Partnerships Manager with a well-established record of cultivating strategic alliances and formulating strategies for both new and existing advertising clients, be it agency or brands. As part of this role, you will leverage your extensive network within agencies and among brands to drive business growth through WEBTOON’s array of ad offerings, including standard Display Ads, Rewarded Video, Offerwall and Custom Content Integrations. WEBTOON takes pride in our unique custom storytelling ad products like Branded WEBTOON and Branded Epilogue Story, fostering collaborations with our in-house original creators. This position offers a unique opportunity to play a pivotal part in shaping the trajectory of WEBTOON's Advertising as we expand our U.S. based sales team.
**This is a hybrid position based in Los Angeles, and requires the ability to come into the office 2x a week.**
- Responsible for cultivating and developing client relationships across key verticals (Gaming, Entertainment, QRS, Retail and Beauty) serving as a trusted partner to senior marketers and agencies.
- Forge connections with key stakeholders in media-buying agencies and Brands across the US.
- Create consultative sales presentations using market trends and client research.
- Provide client feedback on media decks and other sales-related documents.
- Take lead in responding to RFPs.
- Become an expert in WEBTOON’s advertising solutions including Standard Display, Offer-Wall, and Custom Content Integrations content ads.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Content and Creator teams, to efficiently drive revenue growth among both new and existing customers.
- Report on sales actions and performance to the HQ GW Ads team in Korea on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Manage time zone differences for regular communication with Korean teams during late afternoon and early evening hours.
- Embrace a hybrid work model, requiring in-office presence two days a week.
- Based in Los Angeles, willing to travel for business purposes (with at least two business trips per year).
- Attend industry events and conferences to network and grow industry knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in a digital marketing or digital advertisement industries (including Media-buying agencies, Publishers)
- An outgoing personality, coupled with an unwavering determination to close new business.
- Understanding of US digital advertising market trends.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills both in large and small groups.
- Proven track record of proactively pursuing new business opportunities with brands and agencies, driven by an unwavering commitment to securing IOs.
- Ability to retain and expand business with existing clients.
- Extensive network of advertising decision makers.
- Established relationships with top marketing decision makers at brands and agencies.
- Proven track record of delivering revenue results and significantly contributing to business growth.
- Experience in ad-sales job at a major ad-tech company or other content/entertainment service.
- Experience managing advertisers throughout the funnel with a deep understanding of their challenges and objectives.
- Exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong thinker who can build a compelling business case.
- Fan of WEBTOON or web-comic.
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!