Technical Risk Analyst
Financial Services – Fraud & Risk
Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we have more than 3.5 million business owners from 200+ countries around the world. Every year, we track over $240 billion in income and expenses and more than $20 billion in invoices. We’re on a mission to change the lives of Entrepreneurs across the globe, and looking for only the best to join us.
About The Team:
The Risk team is responsible for assessing the credit risk of new businesses, detecting and preventing fraud, optimizing our transaction processes, assisting with enhancements of risk prevention strategies and liaising with our small business owners to develop and implement the best possible solutions.
About The Role:
Reporting to the Director, Fraud & Risk the Technical Risk Analyst plays a critical role at Wave, responsible for managing our fraud rules and systems, reporting to drive insights into our team performance, and analytics to support projects and business decisions. You have a strong understanding of how we lose money, can assess merchant credit risk and are a fraud expert. This position isn’t for the faint of heart: you must be a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills, carry a sense of tact and empathy under pressure, and have a sixth sense for identifying problems while implementing and communicating solutions.
Here's how you will make an impact:
- Have a solid understanding of risk and be comfortable with large amounts of data Build and deploy rules within our risk systems using data and systems such as SQL and other proprietary applications that detect and prevent fraud, credit and compliance risk
- Support the Director, Fraud & Risk by building, running and automating reporting to support the businessWork closely with our Data Team, Financial Services Operations, Customer Success and the Product team, to provide supporting analytics for various projects that impact Risk
- Act as the subject matter expert in consulting on various company wide projectsTake the lead on improving risk infrastructure, processes and procedures to reduce losses and improve the customer experience
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail in minimizing fraudulent activities, identifying risk exposure, and determining regulatory or compliance violations.
- Apply your knowledge of chargeback risk to building processes that enable the Risk Team to identify and prevent losses to Wave and its customers
You'll thrive here if you have:
- 2-4 years of fraud and/or credit underwriting/adjudicating experience working in a payments or fintech space2-4 years working with large amounts of data in the language of your choice
- Experience working with rule-based fraud detection tools and a willingness to apply these skills using both internal and third party tools
- Fraud, credit and/or compliance risk experience is required, preferably having worked in monitoring accounts and transactions to identify fraudulent behaviour in online businesses
- Must be able to pass credit, security and background checks due to the availability of sensitive information in this role.
We hire world-class talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We’re committed to growing you personally and professionally through flexible mentorship programs, ongoing learning opportunities and a serious investment in each employee. We’re here to do excellent work - together - and achieve that through bringing on only the best and developing them to be even better.
With collaboration and transparency at our core, including monthly town halls where we regularly share business metrics and updates from the CEO, we’re empowered to pivot plans to solve problems, remove bottlenecks and always find a way to win for our Customers.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating (including a 99% approval rating of our CEO) as well as numerous awards. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an Employee Recommended Workplace, and Great Place to Work Certified, awarded specifically in the Technology, Millennial, Inclusion and Women categories for several years running.
Get ready to do the best work of your career with Wave. We're waiting for you.