Chargeback Dispute Specialist
Financial Services – Financial Services Operations
Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we have more than 3.5 million business owners from 200+ countries around the world. Every year, we track over $240 billion in income and expenses and more than $20 billion in invoices. We’re on a mission to change the lives of Entrepreneurs across the globe, and looking for only the best to join us.
About the team:
As a member on our Financial Services operations team, you will have the opportunity to showcase your expertise of the chargeback process to help win disputes on behalf of our Entrepreneurs. We need a Chargeback Dispute Specialist to help fight for our business owners and Wave throughout the chargeback dispute resolution cycle.
About the role:
Reporting to the Disputes Resolution Manager, this position isn’t for the faint of heart; you must be ready to take on both the excitement and responsibility of being a Chargebacks Dispute Specialist and be able to guide small business owners through the entire dispute cycle to resolution. With a solid understanding of the different types of chargebacks and experience gathering evidence for cases, advising the Wave team and our small business owners on best practices is no small feat!
Here's how you'll make an impact:
- Own chargebacks and represent cases end-to-end from informing the merchant, to gathering evidence, and disputing the chargeback through to resolution.
- Act as the go-to person, coaching and educating small business owners on the dispute lifecycle. Identify proactive opportunities for the business to protect themselves against future disputes.
- Work closely with Risk, Finance, and Product teams to assisting with Fraud prevention and reduce losses to our customers & Wave.
- Develop positive relationships with business owners, vendors, key banking partners or other financial institutions, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and a professional experience throughout.
- Initiate monetary and account adjustments as required.
- Assist with managing internal Accounts Receivables for multiple financial service products and liaise with third party collections agency.
- Identify opportunities for policy, procedure, and process improvements within Chargeback Operations.
You'll thrive here if you have:
- 2-4 years of experience working in a card chargeback resolution/dispute position with either a bank/financial institution or within the Payments industry.
- Thorough understanding of best practices for preventing fraud and service related chargebacks in a CNP (card not present) environment, and experience in improving policies and operations within a fast-paced, super collaborative, environment.
- The ability to manage relationships with our small business owners, using your excellent verbal and written communication skills to do so!
- Mentorship qualities: The ability to educate and coach both small business owners, as well as fellow team members, on best practices or process improvements.
- Hands-on experience with the MS Suite (Excel!) and Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets).
- Some knowledge on collection and/or credit risk practices would be nice to have.
- If you have any basic analytic skills (SQL or similar), that is a definite plus, but if you don’t, you can learn with us!
We hire world-class talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We’re committed to growing you personally and professionally through flexible mentorship programs, ongoing learning opportunities and a serious investment in each employee. We’re here to do excellent work - together - and achieve that through bringing on only the best and developing them to be even better.
With collaboration and transparency at our core, including monthly town halls where we regularly share business metrics and updates from the CEO, we’re empowered to pivot plans to solve problems, remove bottlenecks and always find a way to win for our Customers.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating (including a 99% approval rating of our CEO) as well as numerous awards. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an Employee Recommended Workplace, and Great Place to Work Certified, awarded specifically in the Technology, Millennial, Inclusion and Women categories for several years running.
Get ready to do the best work of your career with Wave. We're waiting for you.