Business Operations – Wave +
Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we have more than 3.5 million business owners from 200+ countries around the world. Every year, we track over $240 billion in income and expenses and more than $20 billion in invoices. We’re on a mission to change the lives of Entrepreneurs across the globe, and looking for only the best to join us.
About the Team:
We launched a new Professional Services business line earlier in 2018. It’s a fast-growing business line and we are looking to accelerate growth even more. We’re looking for you to do just that!
Reporting to the Accounting Coach Lead, you will partner up with a portfolio of business owners, and guide them towards successful use of Wave’s Accounting product. You will be an important piece of a brand new team that’s helping great customers get an even better experience.
About the Role:
As an Accounting Coach you will be responsible for delighting business owners by providing them with the knowledge and confidence they need to run their business in Wave. Using a screen sharing platform, you will host one-to-one virtual meetings to coach business owners through performing their bookkeeping, and help them achieve their desired outcome with the software.
Here's how you will make an impact:
- You can balance the needs of your Entrepreneurs and help them be successful
- Communicating with and partnering with Entrepreneurs while collaborating with your Team is what this role is all about.
- An active listener, you’re customer-focused and capable of building quick and earnest rapport with prospective clients. You’re able to quickly identify their needs and position the value of our services in a relevant way. You then deliver with excellence in a way tailored to your customers.
- Leverage your interest in accounting to partner with business owners on their accounting. We will teach you everything you need to know, but having an interest in accounting will help you succeed and motivate your clients.
- You take initiative work towards outstanding results. You have a positive attitude and a desire to grow and excel in everything you do.
You'll thrive here if you have:
- Education in Finance, Accounting, or Business. We need you to be able to grow accounting confidence in the business owners that you partner with; past experience with accounting is a plus. Whether you got that through education or experience is up to you.
- Knowledge or familiarity with Wave. Our customers use Wave (and so will you). Bookkeeping in Wave and helping business owners navigate through our apps is an important part of this role.
- Working experience with small businesses. You understand that a photographer might be super passionate about photography - that’s why they opened their business; not because they’re accounting or finance experts. Working with small businesses and understanding their approach to their finances will help when you guide them through best bookkeeping and accounting practices.
We hire world-class talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We’re committed to growing you personally and professionally through flexible mentorship programs, ongoing learning opportunities and a serious investment in each employee. We’re here to do excellent work - together - and achieve that through bringing on only the best and developing them to be even better.
With collaboration and transparency at our core, including monthly town halls where we regularly share business metrics and updates from the CEO, we’re empowered to pivot plans to solve problems, remove bottlenecks and always find a way to win for our Customers.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating (including a 99% approval rating of our CEO) as well as numerous awards. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an Employee Recommended Workplace, and Great Place to Work Certified, awarded specifically in the Technology, Millennial, Inclusion and Women categories for several years running.
Get ready to do the best work of your career with Wave. We're waiting for you.